Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yes, yes, I'm playing Guild Wars 2

I know I know, I was into WoW two days ago. Things change, okay? :P

Things like a GW2 expansion being announced, that is.

So, here's my character:

This is Keiana Xiphium, my level 33 Mesmer. I kind of love her, although I wouldn't mind buying a re-customization thing because I'm not 100% fond of my eye-color choice.

Using a Scepter/Sword and Staff combination. Utilities are Signet of Inspiration, Null Field, Feedback, and Time Warp (although I'm saving up skill points for Take Root because Time Warp is not all that useful to me at this time.

Have my build somewhat planned, but not really. Can't decide between a focus on Shattering or on Glamours, or support and condition damage, for that matter. Initially I was planning on a Shatter build, but I ended up not really shattering all that much, and I've been using Glamours a lot, which I wasn't expecting.

May I just say that Mesmers feel amazing in group scenarios though? For example, large-scale Even if I myself am not doing too much damage, it just looks pretty great to put down a big Glamour and it feels impressive, even if it isn't. I also feel like I have a ton of survivability. The only times that I've died (aside from falling off cliffs, that is), was against that Champion Toxic Alchemist. I've gotten downed, of course, but that was really the only time that I died.

I can solo Veterans out on the field by putting up Phantasmal Swordsman and then spamming 1 to get two more clones out, and then then hold agro for me while I keep spamming 1 to keep up a constant supply of clones. If I'm getting attacked, I have two counters (Illusionary Counter and llusionary Riposte). I can warp to safety with Phase Retreat, give myself boons with Chaos Armor and Chaos Storm, remove enemy boons with Null Field, and avoid ranged damage with Feedback. All the while stacking Confusion, Torment, Bleeding, Burning, and Vulnerability with my attacks. Feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment