Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Non-Guide Update, Kind of!

I am still working diligently on the guide, of course.
That said, if I don't get a new bit posted every day, there is a reason for that.

I decided not to withdraw from animation school, and I am continuing. I will have to retake the art class, but this month I get to take my very first actual animation class! Yay!

The workload is very large and I had a 3 1/2 hour class today. I'll be lucky if I don't dream about vertices and extrusions!

Completely unrelated, but for the past two months now I have not been able to go a single day without seeing some mention of Batman, and it is rather unnerving. I feel like perhaps I had been seeing mentions of Batman every day for my entire life and I just only became aware of it. Perhaps we all see mentions of Batman every day and just never even realized it?
It's in the weirdest places too. I'll be looking up Pokémon stats for my boyfriend and I'll come across something about Lego Batman. Just today I was reading an article, and it mentioned "The Dark Knight Rises," (or whatever it's called, I just know it's Batman). The other day I was at the store and I saw Batman pajamas. Without fail, I have been seeing something about it every single day. My mom says that my brain is actively looking for it, but I don't think so at all, because I run across it in the weirdest places. I don't go through the day purposefully looking up things that would get me a result of Batman. I go through my day looking up Touhou stuff, or animation stuff, or Disney stuff. Never Batman.
As an added note, I do not count anything related to DCUO as being "Batman," because that is just a given. As such, I do not count the launcher I see every day on my desktop because then I would obviously see it every day since it's an icon that is consistently on my desktop. I also do not count when my boyfriend says Batman because he does it on purpose to annoy me. So he doesn't count.
They are all completely random sightings.

And now I fear that by writing that here I may have just cursed anyone reading this to a life filled with Batman. I am very sorry. Or congratulations, if you are happy about it.
I don't have any problems with Batman. It's just a weird thing that I can't seem to go a day without hearing about him in some context, and not anywhere I would expect to find him.
Just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment