Thursday, January 22, 2015

It's not too late for a New Year Resolution, is it?

My New Year resolution (albeit a very late one) is that I want to focus on my characters in MMOs more. Not like, spend more time leveling them or anything silly like that, but I want to focus on specific characters. I don't want to be all over the place like I always am. If I'm playing DCUO this month, I want to be focused on my Electricity Healer. If I'm playing FFXIV (which I will as soon as the expansion comes out!), I want to focus on my eventual Scholar.

And if I'm playing WoW? Well, I think I've found a character that I like, and I am going to force myself to stick to her. If you see any posts on here about any other WoW characters, feel free to write me an angry comment. I won't mind. I want to stick with it. I've been doing research all day about what classes do what, specifically, and I want to keep this one.

So, introducing my Shaman, Gensokyo, on the Ysera server:

That picture is not good. Too zoomed out.

Regardless! I picked a Shaman because, quite honestly, I am never going to play a Tank, but I am entirely likely to play a DPS or Healer at any given point. Unlike with Priest where I had one leftover spec that I had no interest in (I like Shadow/Disc), I have equal interest in Enhance/Ele/Resto, so I won't feel like I have one spec I don't care about. Going to start simple and go Ele first since I heard Enhancement has a bit of a learning curve and I want to take it easy for a bit.

As inspiration, I have my Lil' Tarecgosa pet that I bought from the guild shop thing, and a transmog I made in MogIt. Reason being: I love Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest and I really, really want to get it someday. Even if it can't be transmogged (It can't, right?), I love it, and the pet is pretty. As for the transmog...well, I think it looks pretty nice! It's got the chestpiece that you see pretty much everywhere, but I don't think I've ever seen it paired with that skirt. Not sure on the staff, just kind of put it there just because. I want something bigger and clunkier looking, I think. I had originally made this transmog for a Hunter with a big giant bow, and I want that same effect but for a Shaman.

No comments:

Post a Comment