Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Best thing just happened

I was playing GW2 on my new Mesmer (level 29 now), and I just experienced something really cool.

I ran into an event where you have to kill a Champion Toxic Alchemist in Kessex Hills (near Tagotl Grounds). At first, there were only three of us there and we were dying constantly. But we kept on trying and eventually took off a quarter of her HP before dying again and she reset. Slowly but surely, more people arrived but we still kept on dying.

But then we discovered teamwork and dodging.

Initially, everyone was just sort of rushing in, ignoring the adds and just attacking the Champion. We would then all run if everyone else got downed, and, of course, no one was dodging away from the exploding plants.

But after enough people arrived and we had died so many times, I think we were all set on beating it, so we figured it out. Instead of running away, we would run to other people and help them up, prioritizing people who were downed. Once everyone was up, we would resurrect the dead players. We killed the small adds, and some of us kited the veterans while everyone else focused on the champion and/or helping up other players.

It was really something to see, I think. Up until now, I had never seen proper teamwork in the game, only people who happened to be doing the same thing. But this was actually teamwork, in a way I've never encountered in an MMO outside of dungeons (and even then, that's more collaborating and less teamwork).

So, I was really impressed and happy.

And if anyone who was there happens to see this, I was the little blue Sylvari wearing yellow. I also think I was the only Mesmer there. Name was Keiana Xiphium.

No comments:

Post a Comment