Monday, January 19, 2015

PDP Guide Part 22: Post-Game

Part 21 can be found here.

Upon the credits ending, you will wake up in the bed in Hakurei Shrine. You will speak with Marisa, who will lead you to a room to speak with Sanae and Reimu.
Sanae will bring you outside.

First of all, save your game. You've earned it.

So, what is there to do?
Well, honestly, I'm not sure yet because I didn't think I'd get this far.

I know the Reincarnation System is a thing though! I'm not going to bother writing a guide for it because a perfectly good one already exists: http://thpp.supersanctuary.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=c7e5be12244c24ae26af2fd843abe511&topic=374.0

To give a quick summary of that:
  • The Reincarnation System basically lets you reset IVs, stats, Style, for any Puppet along with putting them back at level 1 (which means, no, you don't want to reincarnate your good Puppets yet. Go catch more and reincarnate those to be perfect and level them).
  • You can access Reincarnation by returning to Patchouli in Scarlet Devil Mansion. Well, not exactly Patchouli. Near where the Akyuu was there's now a little mini Patchouli. The Yin Yang Orb next to her is all the Reincarnation items. The mini Patchouli itself lets you reincarnate.
  • You can change the Nature of your Puppet through Reincarnation. Red = Focus Attack, Blue = Focus Defense, Black = Spread Attack, White = Spread Defense, Green = Speed.
  • Magic Stones can be used to mess with IVs. Basically, when you reincarnate you have the Puppet that is being reincarnated, plus two "parents" from which IVs are inherited. For more details on what each Magic Stone does, check the link.
  • The Rainbow Magic Stone is obtained through a questline that Kasen gives you.
  • Reincarnation costs Magical Fragments.

That said, you probably aren't going to get much use out of the Reincarnation System until you collect all the Magic Stones. So, to begin that, head on over to that healing spot near Mayohiga / Youkai Mountain Descent. Head left out of the rest stop area, up the first set of steps, and then keep going left. This is a path that we have yet to explore, and it is also the way to Kasen.

If you make your way through there, you will eventually get to Kasen. From there, the guide I linked above will take care of you. According to that guide, the rest of the Magic Stones can be obtained in the cave in the middle of Mist Lake, which I will go over eventually.

The rest of this I will update as  I find things to do. Major battles and such. I just want to get this part up, and then I'll update. The thing to know though is go visit Kasen before you do anything else, because she apparently unlocks the other stuff.

  • Shinmyoumaru Sukuna can be fought at Hakurei Shrine, in the room with the Akyuu and Bed. She's found over near a dresser, disguised as a weird decorative box-like thing. She uses a level 82 Suika, level 80 Benben, level 80 Yatsuhashi. level 82 Seija, and a level 84 Sukuna. Afterwards, Reimu will come in and kick her out.
  • Shou Toramaru will fight you back at Myouren Temple. She uses a level 82 Kyouko, level 82 Nazrin, level 82 Murasa, level 82 Ichirin, and a level 84 Shou.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope this continues! Your Guide's been very helpful to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it! I misplaced my original save throughout all my checking things through with other saves, and now I have to do the whole game again (which is fine with me because then I can rewrite some weird bits), but this part IS coming! I just have to get back to the point where I can do post-game again. :)

      Delete