Monday, January 4, 2016

Getting Ready!

My game is all installed properly and functioning, and I have my old notes up to assist with figuring out what's what since I can't read Japanese. Basically what I have is the old .dat item and move lists that I ran through Google Translate to get some idea of what they are, which will be useful again. The wiki used to have the Japanese names of things listed, but they don't appear to anymore, so I guess I'm on my own then.

This time guide writing is either going to go faster or slower, for one specific reason: I have an assistant! My boyfriend will be running around in the same areas as I am so we can find the best route more efficiently, and he's better at mazes than I am, so we may avoid things like confusing guides to Forgotten Hell, Makai, SDM...etc. So either it'll be faster because we'll technically more efficient, or it'll be slower because he likes to stay back and grind levels for longer than a normal person. I haven't decided whether I'll leave him in the dust if he does or not, but I will keep him on track as necessary. He also wishes for me to refer to him as Kurandal for the Internet, and he'll probably make me add in a little note from time to time about good grinding spots or something.

Also, I have lots of free time! My programming class doesn't start for two more weeks, so I have a big chunk of time to finish this.

Kurandal will arrive at 11 AM EST, I'll make sure he installed his game properly (he's bad at computers) and then we will commence guide writing! Hopefully we can get a big chunk done today!

No comments:

Post a Comment