Sunday, January 3, 2016

Announcement

I will be working on a guide for the expansion to Puppet Dance Performance, as soon as I get around to buying it, which will be sometime this week (possibly tomorrow!).

This guide will be separate from the original (although much of the wording may be effectively copy-paste if much of it is the same). The original guide will remain for those who do not have the expansion, but I will not be updating it anymore due to it no longer being current.

Like I said, writing will probably begin tomorrow or the day after. I will go as fast as I can, but I do want to take my time just a bit so I don't miss anything + lack of English translations again!

EDIT: I just now purchased it and am setting it up. Guide writing will begin tomorrow morning at around 11AM EST, so expect the first part of the guide to be up by noon at the latest.

EDIT 2: In regards to buying it, simply buy it off of Melonbooks using this method from the PDP forum.
EXCEPT obviously instead of buying the original PDP game, you need the expansion, here: http://www.melonbooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=IT0000184711

Please be aware that if you are new to PDP, you will need to purchase the original base game and install it, update it, etc. before you can start the expansion. Also, as far as I know, the copy of the game must be legitimate in order for the Melonbooks download to work.

When you get to the actual installation steps you need to install the expansion into a separate folder than the base game.

Oh, and remember to install in Japanese locale!

Currently I am having some difficulties with it constantly saying that it needs to be patched, but I'm trying to figure out what exactly it wants me to do, and I'll update again when I figure it out.

EDIT 3: Turns out it was simple user error with the patch not working. I had installed the game into a completely separate folder from my original game folder (as in, outside the Game/FocasLens folder), and then when I confirmed that it had installed, copied it into Game/FocasLens, and the updater by default had chosen to update the files in the original installation folder instead of the new one. I just hadn't noticed, so the one in the wrong folder was fully updated, but not the one in the folder I actually wanted.
As a note, it looks like at this time you need to run the updater twice, once to get the game up to update 1.010 and again to get it to 1.011. The game will force you into the updater upon opening the game, or you can run it manually by clicking the icon with Nitori on it. Just make sure it's updating the right folder!

As another note, the game .exe is no longer gn_enbu.exe, but it is now 幻想人形演舞-ユメノカケラ-.exe, and honestly, I'm too afraid to alter it to something more English.

2 comments:

  1. From what I see (and someone can correct me if I'm explaining this wrong), when you install it, it comes with its OWN .arc files. As the expansion is installed in a folder separate from the original (by default), it should not interact with the original game's files, translated or otherwise. However, you must still have the original game somewhere on your computer. If not, the new one will refuse to run.

    If you're still unsure, I would back up the folder containing the original game onto another drive or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that's neat! I feel much less worried about it now. I just purchased it a couple minutes ago and I'm setting it up now, so hopefully all will go well. And yup, I backed it up onto at least 3 USB drives just in case.

      Delete