Saturday, September 1, 2012

What's your favorite profession/weapon combination?

Just wondering...In GW2, what are your favorite weapons to use with each profession? What skills are your favorite?

With my Warrior, I love my Longbow. I can use Pin Down, then quickly use Arcing Arrow and Combustive Shot, then pick them off with Dual Shot.
With my Guardian, I use a Greatsword. I can use Symbol of Wrath to start out. Then Whirling Wrath and Leap of Faith, followed by finishing them off with just normal Strike. I almost never use Binding Blade though. I occasionally switch to my Staff for a more support-like role. That way I can use Symbol of Swiftness, Empower, and Orb of Light, while keeping myself safe with Line of Warding and Wave of Faith. With both, I have my Utility skills set to Hammer of Wisdom and Sword of Justice, although if I was really going to play support, I would probably swap them out for Retreat and Wall of Reflection. For a healing skill, I use Prayer to Dwayna.
With my Engineer, I use two pistols. This way, I can use Explosive Shot, then Poison Dart Volley, then Static Shot, then get in  close and use Blowtorch. I never really use Glue Shot, it's generally by accident. I also tend to spam Throw Mine, Mine Field, and Rifle Turret (although I'm considering switching this for Grenade Kit). For healing, I always use the basic Elixer H. I tried Healing Turret, and hated it.
With my Assassin, I use two Daggers. I often just spam Death Blossom whenever I can, then Double Strike when necessary. Occasionally I'll use Dancing Dagger if I'm fighting multiple enemies. I never really use Cloak and Dagger or Heartseeker though. For a healing skill, I'll probably pick up Signet of Malice or Prayer to Dwayna at some point. For Utility, I only have Assassin's Signet right now. I'll pick up Spider Venom at some point.
And finally, with my Elementalist, I use two Daggers and Air attunement. I generally start out battles with Ride the Lightning, then I'll quickly use Shocking Aura, then Lightning Touch, and then spam Lightning Whip. Occasionally I'll use Updraft to get some space, but I usually only use that if I need to run somewhere. I love staves, so I want to use one, but I hate the Air skills for it...Maybe I'll use it with Water attunement when I feel like playing support?

So what about you? What are your favorite weapons for your professions? How do you play them?

No comments:

Post a Comment