Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Revised Mesmer Build

Been working on my Mesmer's build more. Did some more research into what's considered "viable." I was looking at the popular Shatter builds, but they don't quite sit with me quite right. I don't like the play style of main-hand Sword, nor do I like the play style of off-hand Torch. At this point, I'm really in love with main-hand Scepter with off-hand Sword. I'm fine with alternate Staff though.

I messed around in Heart of the Mists a bit, and sorted out my own Shatter build. It's still in the testing stages. I'll mess with it a bit out in WvW, but I need to eventually get to the point where I can test it in dungeons, so I guess I'll work on Dahlia more. Maybe I'll revise my other characters' builds too.

So, keeping with my Scepter + Sword with alternate Staff build, my traits are laid out 4/4/0/6/0.
4 into Domination and Dueling, 6 into Inspiration, and none into Chaos or Illusions.

Domination: IV, VII (Rending Shatter, Shattered Concentration)
Dueling: IV, X (Blade Training, Deceptive Evasion)
Inspiration: III, VI, XI (Vigorous Revelation, Compounding Celerity, Shattered Conditions) (Actually, I can't decide between XI and XII. Both Shattered Conditions and Restorative Illusions sounds nice.)

So, basically, while my illusions are up I am moving faster due to Inspiration VI. My sword skills are boosted by default due to Dueling IV. I can create more illusions when I dodge with Dueling X. When I shatter, it not only does damage, but it also inflicts Vulnerability, removes a Boon, grants Vigor to allies, and removes a condition from Allies.

Support shattering? Perhaps.

I can't decide if I want Utilities to spawn even more illusions, or if I want to go for a more support-ey set-up. And by that, I mean that I'll probably use Signet of Inspiration either way. I think I read somewhere that I need to have Portal too, so that's a keeper. It's more of a matter of "Do I want Mirror Images and Null Field?" Actually, I just figured out a solution. Perhaps Phantasmal Disenchanter? That way I'm supporting and summoning an illusion, so it's multitasking!

Is this decent? Or am I just messing with things that shouldn't be messed with? I love the concept of Mesmer, especially shatter builds, but I enjoy scepter + sword. I mean, is this viable? I'm not going to be kicked from dungeons, am I? That's like a nightmare to me. It would seriously freak me out. I'm also used to playing a healer, so a support-ish role is nice. I'm I hybridizing this too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment