Tuesday, September 24, 2013

You know...

My last post made me realize something.

Why in the world do I level characters that I don't want?

I mean, I know what sorts of characters I want to level. I've been wanting a max level Priest and Mage for the longest time. And yet, what does my character screen look like?


My only max level character is a Monk that I somehow leveled without knowing how I managed it. Ignoring my healing priest that I'm not fond of anymore at level 41, my second highest is a Warrior. I don't even like melee classes! Why is Octofish a Warrior?!

I want to focus on a character that I like the idea of, and I like the idea of Priests (hence why I have so many. I'm honestly surprised my entire account doesn't consist of Priests at this point). Shadow Priests aren't as slow feeling as Mages are, and they don't have pets like Warlocks do. They're a happy medium to me (albeit with lower DPS ratings). I can even heal when I get sick of playing DPS, like I inevitably will!

Priests are my favorite class, so why don't I have a maxed level one yet? Why?!

And so, I am going to try my very hardest to actually level one seriously. I am certainly not going to cease leveling Octofish completely, but I will be refocusing my efforts on my new Priest, Ariadust.

I really, really hope I can do it this time. I feel like I can. I feel like losing Toontown made me want to focus on a single character because I never maxed Miss Binky Octofish due to a lack of concentration. I had TEN YEARS to max her, or at least get her to 100 laff! And I never did, because I just couldn't focus on just her, like I should have. So now, I'm stuck listening to music from Bossbot HQ and regretting never reaching a high enough level to participate in the group content I always wanted to complete.

So I will get to level 90 this time. I swear I will. Ariadust is going to be my character. She is going to be my main. If I get the urge to play an alt, I will ignore it. I'll switch to my healing spec and heal for a while. But I will reach level 90. It might take a while, since I will be starting a job soon and I have a boyfriend who obviously needs attention, but I will reach level 90. I hope to by the end of this year. I will be able to play through the next expansion while it is still current.

Not only that, but I want to actually be able to provide factual and interesting articles on this blog, rather than posts about my troubles leveling. I do not feel like I am in any place to be writing factual articles until I myself have experienced max level content.


Okay, that turned out to be a lot more passionate than I thought it was going to be. Actually, it veered off completely from my original idea from the post. Oh well! I guess I just declared that I'm going to hit level 90 by the end of the year. So, I guess I will! I won't check in constantly with 5LP stuff, but I think I will check in every day at least with how I'm doing. Given the name of my character, calling this my Genesis Project would be awfully appropriate, but I don't think that's what I'll end up calling it.

Wish me luck in breaking my alt habits! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment