Monday, September 16, 2013

Trying to get my last Toontown playing done

So, this is it. In just 3 days, the game I grew up with will be gone. All the characters I've had for 10 years will be gone. The place where I was able to play with my best friend will be gone.

I have to prepare to say goodbye to Miss Binky Octofish, Nobody, Cardboard Viking, Thyme, and Rococo. As well as to all the other toons that I had in the past. To all my toon friends. To the NPCs that I'm so used to seeing.  To my doodles, Euphoria, Fungus, and Viking. To the highest Laff I've ever achieved: 79.

I still remember when I went to a Not So Scary Halloween Party in Disney World. I went as my character, Miss Binky Octofish.

I have been playing this game since I was 8. I am 18 now. I have literally grown up with this game. It is very, very difficult to see it go.

My first toon was an electric green rabbit, long ears, tall body and legs, wearing a purple floral top and skirt. Her name was Miss Binky Octomuffin. She got to 50 or so Laff. I remember very well how proud I felt when I got my Anvil.

My main since, I would say 2004, is Miss Binky Octofish. Same build as Octomuffin, but a tan cat instead. Her first outfit was a blue striped top and skirt. She is dropless.

Sorry for the lack of posts, I'm just a mess this week, I'm afraid. It didn't feel real until yesterday, when I realized it was coming up this week. What's going to happen at the last moment of the game? Will the screen just go black? Will we get some sort of closure? Will my computer just give me an error saying that "Toontown.exe has encountered an error and needs to close."? Will we be able to leave knowing that the Toons have defeated the Cogs?

Tomorrow and Wednesday, I'll probably put up pictures of my Toons and other things that I've been proud of.

Having Rufus Wainwright's "Hallelujah" stuck in my head is not helping matters.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you. My little six year old girl worked all summer... literally in this past summer she was able to work up to 98 laugh. She has fallen in love with Toontown and now it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cases like this that make the closure of this game so particularly upsetting.
      This game was, in my personal opinion, the only true child-friendly online game out there.
      I truly hope that they remake this game, and re-release it, because I feel that it was a truly beneficial game.

      Delete