Friday, September 27, 2013

Ariadust Update 1

I meant to do this last night, but I forgot!

Where am I right now with Ariadust?

I am leveling in Desolace, very unhappily. I am remembering why I always go to Stranglethorn instead of Desolace. It's that naga questline. Ugh, that naga questline. The one where you have to transform into a naga and kill water elementals and collect tablets. You have to avoid the sharks so that you aren't seen. Oh, but when you're killing water elementals, you attack so slowly and take a ton of damage. So I always stopped in what I thought was a safe area, transformed back, used Flash Heal, usually got attacked by a nearby naga that I didn't see, and then transformed back into a naga.

Oh, and then the questline where first you have to find a treasure chest, and then a satchel. The dwarf gives you a water breathing potion. Guess who accidentally clicked on it way before they were where they needed to be when they meant to click on naga form? Me. So that was tricky as well. I had to go to naga form so I could breathe underwater, find another naga, turn into a draenei again, kill the naga, then go back into naga form so I could breathe.

Not a pleasant experience.

I did, however, make it through Stonetalon Mountains without screaming. That's new! I mean, it was because I totally skipped over the quests involving it, went straight to another area of the map, and received a quest to go to Desolace at level 28, but...I was desperate. Literally, the only other quests I was offered were in the spider area. There were ancient-ruins-with-ghosts quests available too, but the only way to get to the ruins was through the spider area! I also still had the Bioshock-referencing quests too, but the items you need for that quest are ridiculously spread out, so I didn't want to do that one either. So, I skipped ahead, hoping that another area would have quests. The only area that did was Desolace, so I left Stonetalon Mountains at level 28 (if I didn't have heirloom gear, this would not have been possible).

Do not go to Desolace at level 28. The first quests, with the satyr are brutal at that level. It takes a while to kill them, and they do a large portion of damage to you as well. Wait until 30 like most people, just trust me.

Oh, but I did have my first death! I went AFK in a place that I thought was safe (I needed to feed my pet rats), but when I came back, I was dead. I decided that I was, by extension, killed by rats, resurrected, and carried on my shadowy little way.

Oh, and I'm level 33!

No comments:

Post a Comment