Friday, August 3, 2012

Why I Alt

I was thinking the other day about why it is I can't focus on one character for any long period of time. I think I found my answer. I hypothesize that I need to see change in my characters' appearances. If there isn't enough change, then I get bored. Simple as that. That's why I play so many alts; so I can see different characters each time I play. If I feel like playing a Mage in cloth robes, I can. An hour later, if I feel like playing a Warrior wearing full plate, I've got one. Then, I want to use a bow as a Hunter, I can do that too. I end up quitting a character when I no longer see change in them. If my Priest is sitting around in the same old robes for 12 levels, I don't want to play her anymore, but if her robes change sometime in there, I'm still interested in playing her. That's why I tend to have better focus on games where I recieve equipment at set intervals (10, 15, 20, 25, etc.).
So, I've come with an idea that will hopefully help me focus on all my alts. I'm going to take a screenshot of them every five levels. This way, when I start to get bored, I can look at the pictures and see how they've changed. If all works out well, this will hopefully inspire me to keep working.

I think this is also a good time to introduce my WoW characters on my main realm, Tanaris. They are all very low leveled at this time because I only recently switched realms. I was originally Horde-side in Nazgrel.

Pannya: Level 21 Discipline Priest. She's for when I feel like healing. She's also the closest thing I have to a "main." She's a Worgen because I like Worgen.
Elzabethi: Level 10 Arms Warrior. I like plate armor and two-handed swords. Enough said, really. This is my first time playing a Warrior, and I'm liking her. I'm not interested in tanking though. She's a Human.
Larolleyi: Level 8 Mage. She's going to be Arcane. I really like the idea of Mages, so I made her. She's a Gnome because I really wanted a Gnome,  but I didn't feel like a melee class fit them.
Novelani: Level 7 Hunter. She's going to be Marksman. I love archery, and I do archery in real life. I hate the pets, but I love the playstyle of the Hunter itself. She's a Draenei because Draenei are one of my favorite races in WoW, along with Tauren.
Ugyuu: Level 1 Druid. She's going to be balance. She was named by my boyfriend. She's a Night Elf because I like their druid forms better than the Worgen's.
Nyoro: Level 2 Paladin. She's going to be Holy. I'm not sure which yet. I don't like Paladins very much, but I wanted to try healing with one. She's a a Dwarf becuase I didn't have a Dwarf yet. Named by my boyfriend.
Rowenellia: Level 6 Rogue. She's going to be Subtlety. I love Subtlety Rogues. They're so much fun. I hate leather though, which makes it harder. She's a Human because I thought it fit a Rogue best. Also, she's named after the closest thing I've every had to a main: Rowenellia the level 60 Shadow Priest, on Nazgrel.
Thearixic: Level 4 Warlock. She's going to be Demonology, I think. I felt like making her, so I did.
Shamisen: Level 2 Shaman. I don't know what she's going to do yet. My boyfriend asked me to make a shaman named Shamisen, so I did. She's a Draenei, apparently because her horns look like cat ears.

I also have a level 1 Human Warlock named Theeriyi, but she's just saving the name for when MoP comes out; then she'll be deleted and magically reborn as a Monk (probably a Mistweaver, maybe Windwalker).

So, I want to know. Why do you alt?

No comments:

Post a Comment