Sunday, August 5, 2012

Starting Zones

So, I've played through all the starting zones at one time or another, and there are some I love, and, of course, some I hate.
My favorite starting zones are definitely the ones for Worgen, Goblins, Tauren, and Orcs. Also, on the MoP beta, I adore the Pandaren starting zone. The Worgen, Goblin, and Pandaren starting zones just have fantastic storyline, in my opinion. I really loved the pre-cataclysm Tauren starting zone, because I felt like my Tauren was really out hunting. I don't mind the new version of it though. I just like the Orc starting zone in general, even though I've found that if I have a cold, I can't play there because the bright-orange makes my eyes water...
On the other hand, I absolutely loathe doing the starting quests for Draenei, Dwarves/Gnomes, and Forsaken. I used to love the Draenei starting area. Now...not so much. I think I've done it too man times that it's just become obnoxious for me. Dwarves and Gnomes, I feel, having a boring storyline for their starting zone. As for the Forsaken...well, let's just say the Undercity frightens me, so it's only natural that I wouldn't like playing in their starting zones.
Are there any starting zones that you just loooove to play through again? What about ones that you may like the race, but you hate the starting zones?
Actually, here's a better question. Have you ever created a character of one race, then traveled to a different starting zone? I have. I often make Blood Elves and run myself all the way over to Mulgore to level!

No comments:

Post a Comment