Friday, August 3, 2012

Playing WoW With Arachnophobia

Okay, I'm going to admit it. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm arachnophobic. Spiders, even in-game ones, terrify me. I've gotten better with it, but I have devised a way to deal with it without it really being a nuisance for me. You know how there's two types of them in game? The fuzzy ones and the spindly-legged ones? I'm fine with the fuzzy ones.
I've figured out exactly which quest zones and dungeons are safe for me. I wanted to share this list so anyone else with this problem can play WoW effectively as well.

SAFE ZONES
Starting Zones: Dun Morogh (Dwarves/Gnomes), Kezan/Lost Isles (Goblins), Azuremyst Isle (Draenei), Durotar (Orcs/Trolls), Eversong Woods (Blood Elves), Mulgore (Tauren), Wandering Isle (Pandarens), Teldrassil (fuzzies). Elwynn Forest can be considered safe as long as you avoid entering Jasperlode Mine.
10-20 Zones: Westfall, Azshara, Darkshore, Loch Modan (has fuzzies), Northern Barrens.
20-25: Ashenvale (has fuzzies)
25-30: Northern Stranglethorn.
25-35: Cape of Stranglethorn, Desolace, Hinterlands
35-40: Feralas
40-45: Eastern Plaguelands, Thousand Needles
45-50: Badlands, Felwood, Tanaris
*During 48-50, Searing Gorge can also be a possibility. I believe there are only fuzzy ones here, but they're giant.
50-55: Un'Goro Crater, Winterspring
54-58: Blasted Lands is not entirely safe. There is one area that has the spindly ones, but it's the only area that has quests up to level 58. It's only during one quest, but I forget which one...I'll look into that. It's the only option to 58 unless you want to do Silithus, which is all bugs.
58-63: Hellfire Peninsula
60-64: Zangarmarsh
64-67: Nagrand
67-70: Netherstorm
67-70: Shadowmoon Valley
68-72: Borean Tundra
71-75: Dragonblight
73-75: Grizzly Hills
75-80, I'm not sure about, having never been to Northrend. The pages for the rest of the zones don't list whether their questing zones or not, and/or don't have a list of monster types. If it's possible to do, Sholozar Basin then Storm Peaks, I think. Is Sholozar Basin a questing zone?
80-82: Mount Hyjal, Vashj'ir
82-83: Deepholm. It has Shale Spiders, but they look like crabs. They only have four legs.
83-84: Uldum
84-85: Twilight Highlands is the only option here. The wiki says it has spiders, but I don't know if they're just fuzzies or not.
As for 85-90, I'll update the list when MoP comes out. Also, because there's no alternate areas to level, there's really no way around it if there are any.

So, the non-safe areas are: Gilneas, Elwynn Forest*, Tirisfal Glades, Bloodmyst Isle, Ghostlands, Silverpine Forest, Redridge Mountains, Duskwood, Hillsbrad Foothills, Wetlands, Stonetalon Mountains, Dustwallow Marsh, Western Plaguelands, Swamp of Sorrows, Deadwind pass, Silithus, Terokkar Forest, Blade's Edge Mountains, Howling Fjord

 Here's a list of safe dungeons and raids, as well (* means that there are spider critters, ** means that I'm not sure):
Ragefire Chasm, Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, Shadowfang Keep, Blackfathom Deeps, Stockades, Gnomeragan, Scarlet Monastary, Razorfen, Maraudon, Uldaman, Scholomance, Stratholme, Zul'Farrak, Molten Core, Blackwing nLair, Ahn'Qiraj, Hellfire Citadel, Coilfang Reservoir, Tempest Keep, Magisters' Terrace, Gruul's Lair, Hellfire Citadel: Magtheridon's Lair, Coilfang Reservoir: Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep: The Eye, Black Temple*, Sunwell Plateau, Utgarde*, The Nexus*, The Violet Hold*, Gundrak, Halls of Stone, Halls of Lightning, The Oculus*, Caverns of Time: Culling of Stratholme*, Trial of the Champion, Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection, Obsidian Sanctum, Vault of Archavon, The Eye of Eternity, Ulduar**, Trial of the Crusader, Onyxia's Lair, Ruby Sanctum, Icecrown Citadel, Throne of Tides

1 comment:

  1. Just as an added note, Winterspring does have spiders. They are in one cave though, so easily avoidable. If you walk into the cave, and there's spiders, RUN OUT.

    ReplyDelete