Friday, August 3, 2012

The Advantages of Alting

I'm sure we all know the major downside to alting. You know? The lack of focus on one character likely means one of two things: A lot of your characters are undergeared and/or not maxed, or most of your characters are maxed and well-geared (with, of course, some variations). Sadly, I am in the former category.
So, then, what are some advantages of alting?
Advantage 1) Any profession at your disposal at any time. Need a glyph? No problem. Enchants? Just switch your character and send it off on some enchanting vellum. Need some ore or herbs? Not a problem; you have a farmer.
Advantage 2) More knowledge of the game. In my opinion, someone who experiments with multiple classes knows more about the game than someone who pidgeonholes themselves into one class. If you only play Rogues, you probably don't really know how to play a Mage.  If you play both, you likely understand both.
Advantage 3) More variety. This kind of goes along with the above advantage. However I'm thinking more along the lines of equipment. I don't know about you, but I get bored if my character looks the same all the time. Sometimes, I get tired of cloth dresses and staves. Sometimes I want to wear full plate armor and wield a giant sword. Sometimes I want to use a bow (I never want to wear leather armor though. I don't like it). Sometimes I want to pop kitty form and sneak around. If I have a ton of characters, I can do just that.
Advantage 4) More quests to explore. If you play just one character you only really experience one questing zone per leveling period. For example, let's say my main was a Tauren. I would go through Mulgore, then the Barrens, then Ashenvale, then Stonetalon Mountains. If I then made a Blood Elf, however, I would go through Eversong Woods, then Ghostlands, then Duskwood, then Northern Stranglethorn.

And now, my brain is drawing a blank O^O

No comments:

Post a Comment