Sunday, July 13, 2014

Thinking of trying Tera online

I played it for a few hours once, but I couldn't quite get into it. I need something new to play I think. WoW just doesn't seem exciting today, which is a shame. Kind of in-between games right now. I was attempting to get myself into Diablo III or Records of Agarest War Zero today, but those weren't quite catching my interest either.

I'm leaning between Tera, Eden Eternal, Aura Kingdom, or re-downloading Forsaken World.

Or, rather, I'm re-downloading Tera right now, and it's a matter of do I want to play this, or should I patch EE or AK, or should I cancel this download and try FW? Or maybe even Perfect World...

Maybe I'll just take a break from WoW until WoD hits or something. Updated graphics sound nice. I'll need to wait and see how my characters look updated, since so far I'm not liking the female human faces too much. Hopefully there will be a bit more variety. I looked at my SPriest in the Wowhead model viewer, and she didn't look like herself at all, so I'm a little discouraged. I'll end up playing again regardless, but in the meantime, I need pretty graphics.

If I go with Tera I'm going to play either an Elin, High Elf, or maybe Castanic. And then for class either a Berserker, Archer, or maybe a Mystic.
I read that Mystics are the hardest class, but from what I read, it seems like they specialize in buffing and debuffing, and only off-heal? That sounds up my alley.

For those of you who don't know (did I ever even mention this on the blog?), I used to play FlyFF. I quit after becoming frustrated with the leveling speed.  I had a Ranger at about level 74, with a Ringmaster that I also played on another computer next to me.
Anyway, I enjoyed the FS (Full Support) Assist/Ringmaster playstyle immensely, and I've always wanted to play another game that has a similar support style. Healing isn't so much my thing as buffing is. I love watching buffs and making sure that they're applied and such. I can't bring myself to re-download FlyFF though. No no no. Even if I did, are there even enough players on there anymore to re-level a FS? How in the world would I level?

Anyway, continuing on...

If I play EE, I'll definitely be rolling Halfkin again, because my old CheshireSmile was just too cute! Of course, EE allows you to switch classes at any time, so I don't really have to commit to class, but at the same time it's hard to level all of them.
I'd probably actually focus on leveling a Thief this time, because I really want a Martial Artist.

For Aura Kingdom, I'd probably go with Ravager, Bard, or Ranger.

For Forsaken World: Lycan Priest, Kindred Vampire, Dwarf Marksman, or Elf Bard.

Don't know about Perfect World.

No comments:

Post a Comment