Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Observations

So, on FFXIV: ARR, I have four characters, all female:

Miqo'te (Keeper of the Moon) Archer
Roegadyn (Hellsguard) Conjurer
Lalafell (Dunesfolk) Marauder
Hyur (Midlander) Arcanist


I've run into a couple  scenarios of which I would like to comment on:

I am not more likely to join your guild if you:
A) Ask how to get someone as beautiful as me to join your guild.
or
B) Kneel to me.

 Okay, the kneeling one can be taken a couple different ways, but I just found it kind of creepy, honestly. If the person had a role-play name I would have been more okay with it, because RP, but no.

Doing these things are not any more likely to make me join your guild. First of all, I have a tendency to be picky about guilds anyway. Extremely picky! If I don't like the name, or if the guild message doesn't seem right to me, I'm not going to join no matter how nice the person asking me may be. It's just a thing with me. Sorry.

Second of all, I'm a person. Unless you've met me/read this blog, you don't know that I'm actually female. But besides that ever-so-obvious point, there's also this: if a pick-up line wouldn't work on me normally, what in the world makes you think that it would online? Think about it. If you say/do something that would get you an eye-roll in real life, why would it work online? Because anonymity? I don't know about most people, but I'm pretty much the same person online as I am offline. Albeit I say a bit more words online because I have a much easier time formulating my thoughts in writing than I do through speaking.

This is by far not just a thing about FFXIV: ARR. This is just the first time I've encountered it in this game! I've encountered it in far more games. I remember in FlyFF, I often took long hiatuses, many of which were spurred by the fact that I was being stalked in-game. Even if I blocked the person, they somehow always found me and chased me around, spamming me rather explicit innuendo.

Sorry, I'm not in a great mood today. Anything is setting me off today, I swear.

I actually generally don't usually care about this sort of thing, unless it gets really bad, like in the FlyFF case (had a couple run ins like that on Maplestory too). I'm just a bit extra persnickety today.

What I really want to know is, what's with the lack of flirting with my Roegadyn? I only get these things on my Miqo'te and Hyur! WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR THE ROEGADYN?
 I actually think my Roegadyn is one of my nicer looking characters. My Miqo'te is kind of boring, and my Hyur is just so...normal looking! My Lalafell is adorable, but I'm not sure if a melee class is going to be for me, so...

I may use my Fantasia potion to change my Hyur to a Roegadyn. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment