Saturday, July 5, 2014

I have two complaints today

I only have two! I promise!
And none are about WoD, so don't worry about that.
This is more just venting, I promise.

Complaint Number 1!
The level 10 - 24 experience for Shadow Priests.
Having only Mind Flay and Shadow Word: Pain until level 21 is not a pleasant experience.
I don't know how new players could ever stick with a Shadow Priest. Seriously. It's hard enough even when you know it gets better.

Complaint Number 2!
The sheer amount of people in leveling zones.
I know that this has probably quite the dead horse, but I don't usually have any issue at all with connected realms/CRZ. I think it's just because it's at that awkward in-between-expansions time where everyone and their cat is leveling an alt.
My realm, Tanaris, was recently connected to Greymane. Which is fine. Everyone on Greymane seems friendly and everything, and, actually, I rarely run into them.
My problem is that we're also CRZed with Stormrage. I don't have a problem with the people on Stormrage. It's just that I only ever see people from Stormrage, and there's a lot of them.
I'm one of the first people to say that I enjoy leveling more when I see a couple other people around. It's not so lonely. But when there's five or six people all competing for the same resources, it's not quite so much fun. If there's going to be this many people sharing the same quest as me, I think things should at least respawn faster or something.
Westfall. Sometimes it's so busy that there's no Murlocs left to fight to get the second clue for Horatio Lane. Let's not even talk about Kobolds there, since that mine can get pretty bad. And the coyotes for the coyote tails. I ran into a time this morning where even the Harvesters were scarce, let alone whatever the birds you have to kill there are, and the Goretusks. The worst by far there is when you have to spy on some Thugs, and they'll attack you. I haven't quite figured out what gets you tagged for the quest when others don't, because it doesn't seem to be proximity, DPS, or who they point at. It seems like a roulette half the time, and whether you spend a couple minutes trying to get them to tag you, or a half-hour seems totally random. This appears to be able to be fixed by grouping up with the other people trying to get them, but people often just reject group invites, so that's not helpful either.
Redridge was mostly okay, except competing over Tarantulas. That wasn't fun. The rest was fine. I only saw a couple people the entire time.
Duskwood though? Ow. This is my first time questing through Duskwood (trying to do something new, even if it means spiders). I was doing the Ghoulish Effigy quest. Yeah. There's not nearly enough Ghouls for even three people to do that quest, let alone the six of us that were there. It might be better if the ribs were 100% drop, but they weren't, and there were hardly any Ghouls to start with. First couple quests in Duskwood were also pretty bad. There were hardly any Wolves or Spiders to kill because there were about five other people hunting them.
So yeah, I'm all for CRZ and Connected Realms because it is nice to see people, because then I can't get lonely! But, it becomes not so fun to level when there's seven other people competing for the same mobs as you. And it was like that at every quest area, so just switching to a different quest wasn't going to work either.
But Elza! Why don't you just do dungeons for the levels when there's too many people?
Because I only just hit level 24. Pre-Shadowform I would just feel like a liability in dungeons...

I'm really hoping for a better experience at higher levels. You used to always see a ton of people in, say, Elwynn, but the higher you got it seemed like the more the numbers thinned a bit. I hope that's the case here. Dungeons are boring to me :P

As a side, but somewhat related note, is anyone still on their high levels right now? I know these people I'm leveling beside are not newbies since they all have more heirlooms than me.
I don't think I've seen anyone today that wasn't wearing more heirlooms than me...

More important side-note as well!
I'm going to try and post as frequently as I can, but I don't know how often that will be. I'm taking online Full Sail University classes starting on Monday. I'm taking Computer Animation, which is exciting, but I have yet to know how busy I'll be! And obviously schoolwork takes precedence over gaming time. And my pool will be open by then. So I'll be busy swimming too!
Anyone want Animal Crossing updates? I know I'll have time for those, at the very least!
I'm actually thinking of starting up another blog just for my Animal Crossing town because I'm proud of it. My villagers are Klaus, Moe, Croque, Bud, Cube, Eunice, Vesta, and Wendy (holy sheep). Vesta's one of my favorite villagers, but the rest I'm kind of neutral on. My dream town would consist of Tangy, Lolly, Flurry, Tia, Vesta, Bob, Klaus, Erik, Chief, and Rolf. I don't actually like Erik and Klaus, but I share my town with my mom and they're her favorites. She's neutral on every other villager though.

Sorry, I'm in a ramble-y mood today!

No comments:

Post a Comment