Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Why did I never play a Shaman before...?

I'm having so much fun on my Shaman! Why did I never play one before?

Since I got Earth Shield, healing's been a breeze. Hardly even have to worry about the tank, and, if the tank is decent, no need to worry too much about the DPS either.

On the tank, just pop Earth Shield whenever I need to, keep Riptide up just in case. For the DPS, Riptide as needed for small damage, for large damage, just Healing Surge. Haven't even needed Healing Wave yet. No one's gotten that far.

I keep Watershield up on me at all times, and Riptide if I need health. If I'm getting attacked I just pop Astral Shift. On boss fights, I put down a Searing Totem, and sometimes use Flame Shock is no one's taking damage.

I'm enjoying this so much more than my Priest. Sure, Power Word: Shield is really nice and all, especially how I can apply it to multiple people at once, but Earth Shield is just as good, and lasts much longer. It doesn't prevent damage, but it heals when they're hit. The only downside is that it can only be used on one person at once.

I'm enjoying this too much, I think!

Just hit level 27. I can't wait until level 30 so I can get Earthliving Weapon and Healing Stream Totem. Those will probably make things even easier! I'm actually not stressing out about getting to higher levels as a healer this time! I've been stressed out about getting to Scholomance again, since I remember Rattlegore being terrible to heal through, but I'm not very concerned this time around. I'm pretty confident with my Shaman.

What else am I looking forward to...Reincarnation, Ancestral Awakening, Resurgence, Chain Heal, Tidal Waves, Healing Rain, Spirit Link Totem, Mastery: Deep Healing, Spiritwalker's Grace, and Ascendance.

I'm writing this while sitting in Darkmoon Faire watching the Tauren Chieftains, which is entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment