Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New character

Okay, so! Long story short, I'm not going to college right now, but I plan on taking programming classes as soon as I can.

Longer version: The college I was planning on attending did not do very much to accommodate and welcome new students. I did not get the opportunity to meet anyone because we were assigned to orientation lectures with no time in-between to introduce ourselves. It was just, oh, go here, then here, then here, then here. There was no time in between to meet the other new students.
Dinner basically did me in. I did not know a single person, and I was the only one sitting alone.
To top it all off, my roommate never showed up. I get extremely panicked when I'm alone. I need someone else around.
After dinner, I had a bad panic attack in my room. I was hyperventilating to the extent that I could hardly breathe. My mom had called to check in on me and I could barely speak. We decided it was best for me to come home for the night. We then decided it would be best for me to withdraw for now. If I so much as sat in on my first class all financial aid would be finalized, and if I was unable to do this, we would still have to pay the tuition. So I withdrew before I would owe money, knowing that there was no way I would be able to live on campus.
So, now, I may take some programming classes at a local community college. I will also be visiting a therapist for my anxiety. Hopefully I can get over my anxiety over driving so I can learn to drive and then commute to the college I wanted to go to.

Enough of that. On a gaming note, I have made another new character (what a surprise)!
I do not want to make another character while I'm leveling her. I want to max her and her only right now.
So, now I have a level 10 Arms Warrior. She's a female Dwarf with the three guild heirlooms. So, let's hope this works out, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment