Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ok, yeah, I'm shaking

So, as an update to my FFXIV-ing (which is still going great with no sign of me losing interest yet, by the way), I'm doing very, very well.

Ayame Miyumi, my Au Ra on Adamantoise, is now a level 34 White Mage and level 32 Scholar. I'm working on leveling up Thaumaturge too for Swiftcast, but I just don't enjoy it, so it's slow going there. I also thought about attempting tanking for all of two seconds, so I have a level 2 or so Gladiator before I went back to healing dungeons again.

As I stated in a few prior posts, I'm almost completely cured of dungeon-phobia, and I'm running at least 3 dungeons per day with great success. Everyone is wicked nice and I haven't run into anyone rude or mean. I think I've only encountered two wipes total, and I don't mind telling the stories about them. The first was when I was DPS leveling up my Arcanist, and we were in Toto-Rak. We ended up wiping because the tank didn't pick up the adds during the final boss and they were attacking the healer, so he ultimately died, and the rest of us with him, but we cleared it the second time around.

And the second wipe I've been a part of was entirely my fault. 100% my fault, and I can't apologize enough to my party. It was literally 5 minutes ago from my time of typing this, and I was doing Titan for the first time. We died not even half way through because the tank let me know that I still had Cleric Stance on (hadn't even noticed, so embarrassed), and I turned it off and tried to type out "Oops, sorry. Fixed." I am a very fast typist, but I got hit with some bad luck there as well and happened to end up in the middle of one of Titan's Landslide (I think that's the one. Not the one where he jumps, the other one), and I tried to move, but I didn't realize I hadn't gotten out of the chat box yet, so I was trying to move but instead I was typing "wwwwaaaaaaaaawwawawa," and I got killed. I felt so bad. I apologized profusely afterwards. That was totally my fault, and I still feel really bad for it.

AND the reason why I'm shaking right now is that, on top of the fact that I also just did Brayflox for the first time a couple hours ago, and everything I had been reading about these two encounters is that they're really rough for the healer. As much as I appreciate the existence of guides for dungeon encounters, they also, at times, make me all the more anxious with all the warnings. I would never in a million years enter a dungeon blind, but I would perhaps be better off skimming the guides and then taking notes to memorize from rather than reading and rereading the guide to memorize things.

I also have no idea what to expect from dungeons past this point because I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far. Up until five minutes ago I didn't think I'd make it this far. I was saying earlier today that if I didn't "man up" so to speak (not a man, but you get the idea) and do the encounters today that I would end up quitting the game tomorrow out of fear. So I did, and now I can get on with the game. And I suspect this game will last me considerably longer than most, if only because I've invested so much emotional turmoil to it at this point that I don't feel like I can abandon it at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment