Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I really do think FFXIV has cured my dungeon-phobia

I really, really do.

I have three dungeons available right now: Sastasha, Tam-Tara Deepcroft, and Copperbell Mines, and I'm doing them frequently as a Conjurer, with no anxiety. Well, except my first run of Tam-Tara Deepcroft (the tank was speed-running).

I actually did a pretty entertaining run of Copperbell Mines a couple minutes ago. We were doing the Ichorous Ire boss (I think that's what it's called), and our tank didn't get out of the explosion radius fast enough and she died and one of our DPS got disconnected. I couldn't Raise her in combat, and there was seemingly no way for us to get out of combat due to the nature of the fight. So I healer-tanked it. And it worked. The only other player in combat (due to one being dead and the other DC'd) was an Arcanist, so she helped keep my HP up, spawned the bombs, and killed the Spriggans. I'd grab the bomb with Stone and then keep healing myself until it exploded. And it ended up working out in the end :)

So yeah, I'm feeling more confident about going into dungeons. I'm still nervous when I enter a new one, and I'm dreading Brayflox because I always read about how hard it is. But, it seems like once I know what's going on in the dungeon I end up being okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment