Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Any interest with this?

Would anyone be interested in me doing a video guide to Shard of Dreams?

I don't have great recording stuff; I only have Hypercam 2 for the game recording itself, and a headset for voice. But I feel like even with not-wonderful quality showing may be better than telling in this game's case (*cough* Forgotten Hell *cough*).

I don't mind recording my next playthrough if there's interest for it, but I'm not going to do it if it won't be useful.

I just thought of this because I was revisiting a rather clumsily-made .gif I made and posted to imgur to give a more visual guide on how to reach a location, and then it popped into my head that video would probably be easier and better. Also, I'm looking at the daunting task of writing out instructions to the Ice Cave and I set a precedent with my ice puzzle screenshot-maps for the Makai stuff and oh my goodness I do not want to do that again, but I'd feel bad if I didn't give the Ice Cave the same treatment. I just think a video in that case sounds way more manageable for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna,

    I would think videos are the best for the Makai and Ice Cave puzzles. I myself will draw a map for Former Hell (realizing full well how big it will be), but I do think a video will be easier to understand.

    The decision whether you should record or not ultimately depends on the audience: you should wait until some more people comment on it before deciding to make a video, because it is time and memory-consuming.

    I myself would recommend you make a video only on the ice puzzles, because that is the hardest to explain. I have no problems following your lengthy descriptions. And if you want, you can use my maps when I have them up (with credit). Just let me know if you would like to use them. ^^

    ReplyDelete