Sunday, May 8, 2016

Another character

I just deleted my Elementalist, Lucia Snapdragon, because she seemed a little bland compared to my other characters and I could never find dyes that looked nice with her coloring. Also, it seemed weird to have 3 light armor characters, 2 heavy, and only 1 medium.

Sooo, I made a Thief instead!

And I think she looks really, really, really nice, despite the fact that I don't have a customization kit for her yet. I did splurge and buy $10 worth of gems to buy a new outfit though. It left me with 100 gems leftover, so if I just sell some more stuff in-game I'll have enough to get a customization kit again. Soon, soon!

Although...I'm not sure I if I want one for her. I think she looks nice the way she is. If I get one, it'll probably be to adjust my Revenant since she's kind of wonky looking at the moment (her head seems too small compared to her body?).

Lucia Snapdragon Version 2.0

Also, can we talk about how pretty the Crystal Savant outfit is? Because it's gorgeous. It dyes beautifully with some dyes, although with others it seems a little too light. The back of it is so pretty, and the necklace thing kind of glows along with the shoulder crystals. The back also glows a bit. It's so pretty. Red is gorgeous on it. I also have Keiana using it right now, in white and yellow; it still looks nice, but not nearly as nice as it looks on Lucia here.  I don't like using basically the same color scheme as I do on my Reaper, but I was kind of going for an autumn theme. It's awfully green outside, so I wanted to make an autumn-themed Sylvari.

And I know, I know, I never like Thieves. But I don't know, it's actually pretty fun this time. I think it's because I have stuffed myself into Dagger/Dagger, and I'm instead using Sword/Pistol, which is way more fun. I still find Shortbow really clunky though.

Also, I am making good progress on my Mesmer again. I've been grinding Hero Challenges today, and I think I need 95 more points total (which is a big improvement over earlier today) before I have Chronomancer maxed out.

I'm hoping that once I have my Chronomancer stuff all sorted out that maybe I'll feel better and more confident and could try to do a dungeon for once? I've never done one in GW2 because I've heard bad stories about the community in them, and the party finder is difficult for me to use. I like when games have a proper LFG system where it automatically puts you in random parties. It's easier on my anxiety. I am absolutely dreading using GW2's party finder, where it is far more personal in my opinion. It would be extremely difficult to get myself to use. I am in a guild, so I would ask for help, but I can't get myself to speak up and ask, and whenever I feel like I can, something sabotages me (either they'll log off and I won't get a chance to ask, or I do ask and they either don't see / ignore it or something). I think I'm a decent Mesmer, and I would really like to do content, but I'm just too terrified to with a random group! At least for the first runs. I feel like once I've done even one dungeon I'll feel better, like with FFXIV.

I can't quite figure out what it is about FFXIV that makes me somewhat comfortable with being in a group. I don't know. Usually if someone comes up and talks to me in-game, I'll immediately just log off in panic, but when I'm in a dungeon I can talk to people. I can lead the group, I can answer questions, I can make small talk. I'm wondering if it's because healing has more of a leadership position to it with people heavily relying on you that makes me comfortable? I know that's part of what makes me uncomfortable trying GW2's dungeons. I can't hide behind being the healer. I'm not a very good DPS, and honestly, I should be working on grinding Hero points with my Ranger instead so I can Druid heal. But I don't know, I like Mesmer thematically way more. If sometime in the future they make a healing specialization for Mesmer, I'll play it in a heartbeat.

Sorry, went off on a tangent there. I've just been getting very mopey about playing MMOs by myself all the time. I want to be sociable and actually play the game with people, but I can't get myself to no matter how much I try. I'll be okay though.

No comments:

Post a Comment