Tuesday, May 17, 2016

PDP Shard of Dreams Postgame Guide: The End

If you haven't already, Gap to the Human Village. Talk to Kosuzu and make sure you get her to read all the books you have. Any ones that have something in parenthesis means that you haven't read that one yet, so make sure every book has nothing in parenthesis.

You should have 9 Books. If you don't, then I would highly advise running to Scarlet Devil Mansion's library really quick and talking to Koakuma, since that's the only one you can really miss.

Upon reading the final book, a Yukari Puppet will run in and then leave. Exit the building to see the real Yukari waiting outside. She will give you the 10th and final book. Go back inside and read the final book with Kosuzu. She'll give you something, but I have no idea what it is.

Now then, save, heal, and Gap to Hakurei Shrine.

Do you remember where you first met your Starter Puppet near the Shrine? Head back over there. The Yukari Puppet will guide you a bit once you're going the right way. Go down the steps to the sandy area and talk to the real Yukari. She'll ask you a question. I don't know what the possible answers say, but it doesn't appear to matter. She'll leave and seem satisfied regardless.

Hop into the water to the right and surf to the right until you see a cave in the water. Enter it. Reimu will fight you here with a level 75 AyaP, level 78 YukariD, level 80 Reimu EX, level 75 SuikaD, and a level 75 Kasen EX. Continue past her and you'll see Kurumi guarding a teleporter. She will fight you with a level 72 ElisS, level 72 FlandreS, and a level 72 Kurumi EX. Enter the teleporter behind her when you're done.

This brings you to a rather pretty flower field. Go up to an area with bricks and weird glass-ish platforms. Continue along. There will be grass containing Kurumi, Elly, and Yuuka, all around level 71. Continue along, moving upwards.

Elly will be waiting near the door to a large manor. She will fight you with a level 72 SakuyaP, level 72 IchirinD, and a level 72 EllyP. Enter the manor behind her when you're done.

Before going up the central stairs, there's a couple things to find. Go to the right and through the little door. In here, go to the right into the little alcove with two doors. Through the upper door is a room with a bed to heal and a Yin Yang Orb containing a Sun Fruit Jam.

Head back out to the main room and go up the central staircase. Yuuka is up here and will fight you with a level 80 Kurumi EX, level 83 YuukaP, and a level 80 EllyP.

After defeating Yuuka, go to the left and through the little door. Go up and through the door in here. There's a Yin Yang Orb on the table here containing an item that I don't know the name of. Exit the room and go right slightly before going down and through a door. There's a Yin Yang Orb on the table here containing another new item that I don't know the name of (yay?). Exit the room with the door on the right. Go up and through one last door. There's another Yin Yang Orb here containing an Ecstasy Set.

Exit the room and go down the hallway and through the door at the end. Back in the main room, go back down the central staircase and then go left and through the little door down here. Go up and right until you see the double doors in the center of this area. Go through them.

Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Save. Please save.

Continue up the path. The very long path. Seriously, if you didn't save, then save.

Mugetsu and Gengetsu are waiting at the end. Their fight is, as far as I can tell, the absolute most difficult fight in this game. So bring your absolute best Puppets and strategies, and good luck!

They use a level 83 KoishiA, level 90 Mugetsu EX, level 90 GengetsuS, level 83 Flandre EX, level 85 Satori EX, and a level 85 RemiliaP.

The Mugetsu will heavily burn you and constantly heal its HP. Everything else hits hard. You need to have speed higher than that of the Gengetsu in order to beat it, because it will one-shot most anything else. This means you need to check the wiki for Puppets with at least a Speed stat of 130 and then fully max the EVs for it and preferably give it a Green Mark.
Due to the fact that my strategy with the Gengetsu was just to one-shot before it could hit me, I don't know what moves she has. I'm sure that it's possible to survive a hit by her depending on what attack she uses.

To give an idea of the sort of Puppets you'll need for this, my team was as follows (please not that they are all reincarnated to have all S ranks, and you'll need a lot of type coverage).
Level 100 Koishi EX with red mark.
Level 100 ShouP with  black mark.
Level 100 Miko EX with a black mark.
Level 100 Futo EX with a green mark.
Level 100 MomijiS with a red mark.
Level 100 JunkoS with a black mark.

Upon defeating them, first of all, congratulations, and second of all you now have access to the New Game + feature and if you chose to import your original PDP file then you also will now have access to all your previous Puppets.

Just because you've completed the ultimate fight in the game doesn't mean you're done though! There's still plenty of things to do, such as explore the ice cave in the center of Misty Lake, visit Hecatia in her realm, fight Komachi and Eiki, or challenge the Makai 5 again. I'll go over these another time, but for now, I'm going to go start a New Game + and go over how that works in the next section.

Thank you for sticking around for this guide! :)

22 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna,

    Did you reincarnate your starter too for the Getsu sisters battle? I am wondering if I should reincarnate my starter later because I already like her style (she is an EMokou btw) but her emblem is white. Do you think I should give her a black emblem later, or is that too much work? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't reincarnate my starter because I had reset multiple times at the beginning to get the mark I wanted, but I have done a bunch of reincarnating otherwise.

      The only thing about it that's really a lot of work is the re-leveling so that's definitely a time-commitment if you want to change the mark.

      That said, the reincarnating itself just to change the mark is easy. Just use the Omega Magic Stone ( 透の魔石 )to retain your stats. You'll still need to choose "parent" Puppets, but their stats will not be used so long as you use the Omega stone.

      Delete
    2. I know about the Omega Magic Stone. I just wanted to find opinions about changing the emblem. On one hand, it's a lot of work, but on the other hand, I am such a perfectionist. Reincarnating isn't the problem; leveling her back up is. Thank you for the answer anyways!

      Delete
  2. This guide has been really helpful so far, thank you so much for writing the whole thing and taking the time to direct people in the right path for the complex areas like Hell, the SDM, etc., but I'd like to ask if you might be able to recall your team's skills you used for this battle and similar such things, as I'm quite psyched out about this particular battle, even if it is a long way off for me (I just got the Gap Map again). I ask this because I think I might train up a similar team for this battle and would hope for a few pointers in terms of skills to use and the like. Again, thank you for your time and effort in this, and I hope you might reply soon. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :)
      I think I can do that! I don't think I've changed that file's skills at all.

      -Koishi EX-
      Ability: Infiltration
      One of her focus Warped moves and I don't know the name of (it has 15 SP, 95 Power, 100 Accuracy), Dancing Sword, Voice of Famine, Ray Dance
      The Warped move she learns naturally. It costs 10 PP to learn.

      -Power Shou-
      Ability: Absorbent
      Thunder Force, Struck by Lightning, Moonbow, Tri Effect

      -Miko EX-
      Ability: Intuition
      Backdraft, Star Flare, Break Shot, Ultra High Tone

      -Futo EX-
      Ability: Sore Loser
      Poisoned Arrow, Shooting Press, Burn Strike, Dancing Sword

      -Speed Momiji-
      Ability: Gale Form
      Burn Strike, Returning Swallow, Break Shot, Armor Piercing

      -Speed Junko-
      Ability: Unjustness
      Mist Fog, Moonbow, Darkness Sweets, and a Warped skill that again I don't know the name of (15 SP, 95 Power, 100 Accuracy again).
      The Warped move she learns naturally. It costs 10 PP to learn.

      Delete
    2. As I said in the guide, it is absolutely imperative that you are able to out-speed the Gengetsu. I used the EX Futo for this, and used Shooting Press to take advantage of the Gengetsu's electric typing.
      Other than that, the other major concern in the fight is just being able to outlast Mugetsu. Everything else also hits hard, but they aren't as tricky as Mugetsu and Gengetsu themselves.

      Part of this fight is also just getting lucky with crits and such. I think this fight took me a few tries (in fact, I know it did because I'm pretty sure my computer froze right as I got to the Gengetsu one of the times!).

      I hope is all goes well for you!

      Delete
    3. Thank you for all this assistance, I really appreciate it more than words can describe! I've already started working on catching stuff for the team to reincarnate upon getting the Rainbow Mag.Stone, so I'll most likely be running the EX Futo like you did due to that base 130 Speed to at least match Gen'. On the subject of those Warped attacks, EX Koishi's is known as Distortion Bomb in the translation and Speed Junko's is Impulse, both of which lower the target's defense 10% of the time (Focus and Spread respectively.)

      Since I wrote that comment, I've reached the path to the Palace of the Earth Spirits/Chireiden, my strategy for Satori being to send out my starter first (EX Clownpiece) and to immediately switch to my tank, Defense Meiling, to soak up the first blow and hopefully one-shot it by going after EX Clownpiece's abysmal Fo.Def. with Life Burst (Maybe Ray Dance if she sets up a Sunshower) and then taking everything else as it's sent out... In fact, most of my team seems very much able to counter itself (Fire/Warped Clownpiece < Nature/Wind Kanako < Water/Sound Wakasagi < Earth/Fighting Meiling < Clownpiece) So getting that turn 2 lead sound work wonders!

      Also, I was wondering, for any sections you have on grinding, if you happen to know about the fact that there's a particular post-game fairy who is endlessly re-battleable in whatever area Junko appears in; Said fairy has a team full of level 95's, but I read it's easy enough that a single EX Reimu can down them with ease... Due to vagueness of what I read, though, I'd prefer more reliable confirmation if it was possible, although there's certainly no rush or anything one way or another, especially seeing as you're probably running through that New Game+ file right now... Speaking of which, how's that going for you?

      Thanks again for everything! I'll remember your advice! :)

      Delete
    4. Yay! I like helping! :D
      And thank you for translations for those skills!

      And yep, I know about that fairy. I haven't bothered to mess with it yet, but my boyfriend has, and he happens thinks he knows the skills off the top of his head (or rather, the skill's power, type, and that they're Focus, so I can guess from the wiki).

      He uses an EX Reimu with green mark.
      Skills:
      We think it's Distortion Bomb, Flying Frenzy, High Tone Crush, and Flower of Hell
      The item he uses is the one listed on the wiki as "Deadly Secrets," and he says the Reimu's ability doesn't matter.

      Sadly, his computer died a couple weeks ago and he will not have a new one until this weekend, so we can't confirm any of this just yet.

      As for the New Game + file, it is currently paused because I got very frustrated with it after my computer crashed when I had made a ton of progress and hadn't saved in a while :(
      I think I was around Mayohiga.
      I intend to start back up on it soon though. My computer had been having overheating troubles at the time and it has since stabilized, so hopefully that won't happen again!

      Delete
    5. Can you please explain where this fairy is? I've been looking like crazy and I've already beat the final Gengetsu/Mugetsu battle. Someone said it's where Junko is but I'm not sure where that is? Surely not the Dream World entrance from part 9, wild encounters there are only level 19 or so. Is there another entrance to the Dream World elsewhere?

      Thanks in advance

      Delete
    6. There's a house in the area of Sanzu River that cannot be entered until you get to post-game stuff, and that's where you enter the Dream World. My boyfriend says you need to beat all the fairies once (including Clownpiece). Talk to Clownpiece, change the levels to level 95, and then you grind with the first fairy, and just keep leaving and coming back I think. Heal with Junko.

      Delete
  3. So I tried this out with my current team just to see how it went.

    lvl 91 Assist Chen
    lvl 92 Speed Orin
    lvl 82 Power Koishi
    lvl 81 Defense Toyohime
    lvl 94 Defense Satori
    lvl 81 Extra Eiki

    Let's just say... it was hilarious. The Koishi they had started spamming barriers and I found that to be the major issue as Orin had no chance to sweep because of crap damage. So I noticed Koishi did the anti spread barrier last and physical one first and I thought that I could abuse the AI.

    I had Chen learn Break Shot to destroy the barriers every 2nd turn and every first turn I had her use Brave Song to buff up. After forcing the AI in a loop for 3 turns so I had max attack I decided to start sweeping, abusing the fact that Koishi puts up a physical barrier first.
    I sweeped all of until Gengetsu and Remi was left. Gengetsu outsped her and hit her down to 6 HP with the hurricane-ish move (name?) and then I took her down too. Remi had her item to survive with 1 HP and finish off my Chen, but I just switched in Orin and outsped her to finish her off in return.

    I'm always amazed at how good sweepers are in these types of games c:

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Yukari's choices to the question she poses you, it seems to be, according to a Japanese-speaking friend: 1. "I want to go back to my world," 2. "I want to stay with the Puppets," and 3. "I haven't decided yet." Still not really important I suppose, but at least it gives a good idea as to what Yukari's asking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fight was stupidly hard for me due to the fact that I wanted to win without grinding or healing since I found out after my 1st try that it wasn't impossible.
    So I stuck out with my lvl 81-84 team and after countless failures, I managed to beat them after switching Brave Song with Sharp Wind on my Speed Remilia. (I set up one Sharp Wind on a Flandre to Gengetsu switch, Blaze Spear'd her to mid-life and she missed Macroburst, I attacked her again and she was gone. After that, everyone got swept.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate all of your hard work for this guide. It really helped me out.
    That said, I reached the ultimate battle expecting to struggle, but then my Daiyousei swept the whole group.
    My lineup (all max level, almost all S stats barring Clownpiece and Seiran):
    Ex Hecatia
    S Daiyousei
    S Seiran
    Ex Clownpiece
    D Momiji
    Ex Cirno

    Seriously, Fairy Dance plus Energy Absorb made all damage dealt to me worth nothing and nearly one-shotted everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This guide is so helpful, thank you so much. And i have to admit, that was the most hilarious fight i've ever struggle with. I can't believe that i won right in the first time. So here is my team (all S rank and max level)
    P Remilia (my starter)
    Ex Flandre
    Ex Miko
    P Udonge
    P Sakuya
    S Nitori

    I can't remember correctly the process of the fight but the Koishi and Mugetsu, those 2 took me a lot of time to knock them down, cause none of my puppets learnt the Break Shot skill. My Ex Miko has the highest speed in my team 120, can't compare to Gengetsu though, so I gave her a green mark, maximized the EVs and even gave her the speed-boosted charm (can't remember the name). But when i was ready to beat her up, she switched to Satori and i think that she changed her style or type or sth like that, she knocked my Miko down then i have to heal her. And that Remilia is quite smart when she used Gigantic to bring my Sakuya down since i was going to used Brandish (steel) to deadly knock her out, so i changed to Nitori and finish off her with electricity. I was laughing to death how funny the fight was, and quite impressed with the sweepers in the whole game XD
    My apology if my english is not good, it isn't my first language after all

    ReplyDelete
  9. This guide helped me a lot! that last battle i just had my main make Gengetsu use Thor Hammer so it would recoil until it fainted then i just revived her and made her take care of the rest. the rest were level 60 so i wouldnt have stood a chance if i didnt revive my main she was lv 96 btw now she made it to 97 after that battle~

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW You should add Gengetsu to the spawn list for wild encounters. I've been seeing her a lot. The same might(?) be true for Mugetsu. I've also never had to use so many items during the final fight. I think I had to revive my main a total of 10 or something times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This guide has been really helpful. I just cleared the post-game for the second time, with a 2-year gap between clears. My team was as follows:

    P. Rin
    S. Chen
    D. Momiji
    P. Kagerou
    P. Youmu
    D. Sagume
    I had trouble with the whole game, mind you, since my starter was Rin, but this fight was the most bullshit.

    I immediately ran into the problem of the enemy Koishi using Field Barrier(FoAtk lowered) and Field Protect(SpAtk lowered), so I couldn't sweep with my Lv94 Rin, and then they would usually switch to Satori, use a Warped skill, and completely bone me for the first half of the battle. It got to the point where I just had to burn her(and Koishi to prevent further "troubles") and try to survive.
    When they would switch to Mugetsu, I would try to switch to Sagume as soon as possible to try and poison her(Poison beats Warped, apparently). That was another where I just had to inflict a status, this time Heavy Poison, to counter the healing from Grace of Mana, basically forcing Mu' into a constant loop of healing. I didn't have as much trouble with Gengetsu; sure she outsped everyone, but I fought speed with speed and had Chen, and then Rin after Chen died to a Thor's Hammer, deal with it.
    Remilia and Flandre were the real problems. I had two Nether types, Rin & Youmu, so they were one-shotted with Luminous Flux from Flan, and I couldn't really do anything to Remi. The only way I won was a Star Flare after a speed boost with Rin to both Remi and Flan.

    Needless to say, I had a lot more trouble than the first clear with Ran as my starter. And now I'm prepping for a NG+? What is wrong with me? I love this game way too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unrelated, but I would like to clarify some of the unknown items you come across in this final chapter, we'll call it. After reading the 10th book, Kosuzu gives you the "Bell Hairpin" which raises the encounter rate of wild puppets when equipped to your lead. The first unknown item you mention in the guide is a "Small Bit" which reflects damage from low-power moves(<50BP). I believe the other unidentified one is a Youma Scroll, and I think it's the white one, I can't remember. I have no idea what the scrolls do, since they don't actually say their use.

      One final note: upon defeating the Getsu sisters, the Puppet Tournament in the Human Village opens as well(It's basically the Battle Tower). That's just something that was missing that I noticed.

      Delete
    2. The only reason I know the names of the items you couldn't identify is because I have an English translation patch for both the base game and SoD. If anyone wants to have a copy of the game in English, this link will take you to a download that includes the English patcher: https://moriyashrine.org/files/file/349-touhou-puppet-dance-performance-shard-of-dreams/

      I'll warn you now, it's a bit of a process to have it in English, but it's not at all complicated, just tedious. If you want to see the whole process, this video by MoriyaShrine user Drunken_Flower will go through the whole process: https://youtu.be/uO6S2akrRes

      Delete