Tuesday, May 17, 2016

PDP Shard of Dreams Postgame Guide: Puppet Liberation Front...again.

Gap to the Human Village and go visit Akyuu in her house. A girl in blue will stop you at the gate to tell you to do so (I think).

This sets up a repeat of the Team 9 fights (albeit at higher levels) that you did at the very beginning of the game. Basically, visit the exact same locations as before and reface them. In the exact same order.

Link to the original fights.
The locations start at the third paragraph from the bottom (not including the mini one at the very bottom).

For the rematches:

Cirno will use a level 70 RumiaP and a level 70 CirnoP.
Daiyousei will use a level 70 Cirno EX and a level 70 DaiyouseiS.
Wriggle will use a level 70 DaiyouseiD and a level 70 WriggleP.
Mystia will use a level 70 Wriggle EX and a level 70 MystiaP.

As a warning, Mystia gave me significantly more trouble than the rest of them due to her using a move that swapped her Wriggle out for her Mystia and messed me up.

Finally, Rumia will use a level 68 CirnoP, level 68 MystiaP, level 72 RumiaD, level 68 DaiyouseiS, and a level 68 Wriggle EX.

Upon defeating Rumia, the Puppet Liberation Front will kidnap you and bring you to their hideout where you talk to the Three Fairies. Once you're done, Gap to the nearest Gap Point (the Inn just before the Garden of the Sun / Suzuran Field) and heal. Then exit the Inn and continue down into the Suzuran Field. All the Puppet Liberation Front admins are here, but won't fight you. Hop down the ledges, hugging the right. Continue down the path thing into a field of suzuran. This will trigger an event with Medicine Melancholy.

Medicine will fight you with a level 70 Hina EX, level 70 KogasaS. level 70 RaikoP, level 74 Medicine EX, and a level 70 Kokoro EX.

I'm going to warn you now that the Hina EX is...weird. I don't really know what it's doing, honestly. Most things I try to hit it with do very little damage, but sometimes I do manage to do damage to it, but then that attack won't do that much damage again. All the while, the Hina will be restoring its HP and draining yours. When it gets weak, she'll switch it out for something else if applicable.

After defeating her, you're all set, so gap somewhere to heal and prepare for the next part. It's on to Shining Needle Castle!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna,

    Hina EX has a priority Status Skill that acts as a shield. It's a new Skill so I don't know how it works, but on the turn she casts it, she takes very little damage. I don't know if the skill has a lasting effect or not, since my Tojiko, who usually one-shots Puppets with her Focus skills, can only take 1/3 of her HP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tried to use Shooting Press on EXHina (assuming she wasn't using Air Cushion) and I couldn't hit her. I haven't tried to fight her again but she has more Sp.Def (120) than Fo.Def (65), so maybe, like Shinki, she just has impossible stats.

      Delete
    2. It's a skill not an ability

      Delete
    3. The new translations say Force Shield does as follows: Removes your weaknesses and resistances this turn to greatly limit damage. May fail if used consecutively.

      Delete
    4. It does seem to do reduce all damage to scratch damage- even a Serious Power Yukari at +6 cannot seem to do much when Hina uses Force Shield. And that's the highest Spread Attack anything in the game can reach. And it was a starter holding the Dream Shard, too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you do Hakugyokurou already, by any chance?

      Delete
  3. The blue girl at Akyuu's house and gate thing won't trigger for me. Do I need to do something before this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaven and Hakugyokurou need to be done before this event will trigger.

      Delete
  4. Just to give my experience.
    I completely swept Medi's team with my Speed Remilia after setting up a Brave Song on Turn 1.
    Hina did use Force Shield on Turn 2 which led to me doing absolutely f*** all to her.
    She got OS on Turn 3 though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm completely stuck. I've done Heaven and Hakugyokorou, but the woman in blue event still won't trigger. I talked to Akyuu, and she went outside for a second, and then came back in. Then nothing happened, and now I don't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The woman in blue only tells you to go visit Akyuu, and it definitely sounds like you triggered *something* considering that Akyuu left and came back...
      I haven't done this part in a while, so I can't remember what exactly Akyuu does, but it certainly sounds like you've done everything needed to trigger the Team 9 stuff.

      Oddly enough, when I went to go talk to Akyuu on a whim, she just also talked to me, left, came back, and seemingly gave me something. I have not a clue what that was about. I just found out the English UI patch is usable, so I'm going to go get that working with my computer and go check out if that was an item she gave me or if I'm just crazy.

      Delete
    2. Akyuu leaves the room to make a copy of your pokédex thing and then returns yours. Flandre must also have been defeated in order to trigger the return of team 9

      Delete
  6. I don't mean to revive an old Blog post but I've done everything in heaven and the netherworld but when I go to Akyuu's house no girl in blue comes out and when I talk to Akyuu she says a couple of things but doesn't leave and come back, I took a detour to fight Suwako could that have screwed everything up? Im really trying to get the post game stuff done so I can new game+ but I'm completely stuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this problem too. After searching a bit, I discovered you must have defeated Flandre too before the girl in blue will show.

      Delete