Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Progress!

Doing good in FFXIV, I think!

My character, Yomi Tosho (Adamatoise server) is currently leveling fairly well!

My main class at the moment is my Bard, which is level 37. Followed by my Summoner/Scholar, which is 34.

After that, I have:
Conjurer: 28
Gladiator: 24
Rogue: 23
Thaumaturge: 17
Pugilist: 15
Lancer: 13
Marauder: 8

I'm really, really enjoying my Bard right now, but I am frustrated slightly with it. I want to have Invigorate and Blood for Blood before I get to Garuda, but I absolutely despise Lancer. It has been torturous to get it even to 13, so I am absolutely dreading getting it up to 34 for Blood for Blood. 22 for Invigorate at least seems doable, but 34 is just...ugh.

The only class I dislike more than Lancer is Marauder. I hate Marauder. It will probably never get past level 8. As far as I can tell through all my researching, I probably don't absolutely need Mercy Stroke to tank as a Gladiator/Dark Knight, and if I don't absolutely need it, I am not going to level a Marauder.

I'm almost half thinking of just giving up on my Bard now and swapping to Summoner. I like my Summoner well enough, and now that I have Quelling Strikes then that's the hard part out of the way. I don't mind Thaumaturge, and getting it up to 24 for Swiftcast will be easy. And, well, I need Swiftcast anyway for healing, so I have extra motivation.

But, honestly, I don't care enough for any of the DPS classes besides Bard to have enough motivation to level Lancer to 34. I've been enjoying DPS, but I think I can enjoy it just as much on Summoner, at least for now. Maybe at some point I'll work up the motivation to level Lancer, but for right now, I'm very, very much thinking of swapping to Summoner.

No comments:

Post a Comment