Monday, September 14, 2015

Progress Update?

Hello, sorry, I've been quite busy in the past two weeks.
I had begun college classes for Hospitality and Event Planning, but then, due to various reasons, decided to switch to Programming.

Long story short, I felt quite uncomfortable in my hospitality classes since it seemed like everyone there was very outgoing and we were told that we shouldn't be in this class if we aren't a "people person."
I am not a people person and I am incredibly shy and introverted (and anxious!).
So, I decided to switch to Programming instead, which is honestly probably a better fit for me anyway due to my computer background.
So, we'll see how this goes. Hopefully, this will be my last major swap, and I can just get through with this. It's just a certificate course, so it's not like it's a huge time commitment.
This all hinges on if I get a decent grade on my computer skills accuplacer tomorrow though. Which I'm extremely nervous about. I've never actually had a computer class; everything I know about computers I learned from my dad or I taught myself. I just hope it's enough. It'll be discouraging to have a basic computer skills class blocking my way to the good stuff.
I'm particularly nervous since I haven't taken a test in...oh my goodness, 6 years. My high school wasn't traditional and we didn't have tests. And my animation school also didn't have tests. Well, that's suddenly more nerve-wracking.

Sorry, just venting a bit. I'm a nervous wreck.
Oh well, the cure for nervousness is playing Mass Effect, so I'll happily go do that. I'm doing a new playthrough this week and I'm about in the middle of ME2 right now. Just did the Collector Ship, and I'm off to complete loyalty missions before Reaper IFF. I really need to get around to getting the ME2 DLC. I have all the ME3 DLC (Citadel is the best thing ever), but I've never gotten around to getting the ME2 ones. I've watched my boyfriend do parts of Shadow Broker, but that's about it. I need to get it. Maybe I'll ask him for it for my birthday / Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment