Friday, September 4, 2015

Huge update on my FFXIV playing!

I am now level 50 (actually, 51 now, sorry, I'm late on the announcement)!
I am also about half-way or so through the level 50 personal story stuff. The Crystal Braves were just formed about one quest ago.

Healing is still going well, or at least I think so. It's difficult to tell if I'm doing well or not in these 8-person groups with another healer. I sometimes can't tell if I'm helping at all, or if I'm just deadweight. I hope I am helping and doing my job correctly, and I just am too nervous about it to tell! These past three Primal fights have been kind of rough, you see. King Moggle Mog is so confusing. I read guides beforehand, but I was so confused by all the different moogles, and once I got into the fight I got killed by something (still not sure what. I swear I was one-shotted, but I was the only who died...), but I felt like I was healing okay up until that point. Leviathan was fine, although I was a little more stressed out than usual because our tanks were arguing, and there is a serious lack of guides out there for Leviathan. I don't care that he's apparently so easy that I shouldn't need a guide, I need a guide because otherwise I get incredibly anxious. And then Ramuh was a big bunch of I-have-no-idea-what's-going-on-even-though-I-read-three-guides. I didn't die though, so that's good!

Also, has anyone else noticed that out of all the dungeons, Toto-Rak appears to have the highest chance of something going horribly, horribly wrong? I swear I haven't had groups wipe on any other dungeon as much as Toto-Rak. I mean, I was warned about Brayflox and Stone Vigil, but I have yet to wipe on those nearly as often as I do on Toto-Rak. The majority of the time I can get through Brayflox and Stone Vigil without someone dying, but I cannot say the same for Toto-Rak. And it doesn't ever appear to be the fault of my healing abilities because all the wipes we've had were completely out of my control. I'm talking people standing in the green poison puddles during the final boss, tanks running headfirst into the Fleshy Pods and then keep running ahead so I can't Esuna/Heal them, DPS pulling things, DPS accidentally pulling things and then running waaaay away from the rest of the group where I cannot safely take care of them and the tank, etc. Don't even get me started on ranged DPS standing in melee range of enemies that do poison AoEs, or the serious lack of picking up adds during the final fight.
And then, there was a lancer I was in a group with earlier today. You know how in the final boss room there are fleshy pods all around the room, and you're supposed to get rid of them with ranged attacks so no one accidentally runs into them / gets pushed into them? Yeah, those. Well, this lancer ran around the room purposefully running straight into each group of them. There was absolutely no way I could have saved him. He was dead before I could even recognize that damage was being taken. That one was impressive, and I'll give him credit: He did take care of about two groups of those things, and we did end up beating the boss. He just didn't get to participate in the boss because you can't Raise in battle at that level.

Really though, what is it about Toto-Rak that people can't seem to grasp? I don't have any trouble with groups in any other dungeon. Is it just because it's kind of the first one that's more mechanic-heavy and has AoE poison? Is it the Fleshy Pods? I just don't understand.

Well regardless, my character's name is Ayame Miyumi and I'm on Adamantoise. I'm happy to heal dungeons if I'm needed, just don't ask me for directions in those dungeons because I have no sense of direction. That's one of the reasons I like playing as a healer; I don't have to know where I'm going because my job is to follow the tank around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment