Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Playing FFXIV again! Hopefully

To celebrate my first successful day of non-online college (major in hospitality with a specialization in event planning), I've got myself a month subscription to my beloved FFXIV!
Yesterday it wasn't working at all though. I suspected my father was taking up more than his fair share of bandwidth with his ultra-graphics World of Warcraft raiding (plus he also has the settings set to prioritize his system over everyone else in the house's). I was able to get onto my game, and I queued for Sastasha just to get my feet wet in healing again, only to have it lag immensely and I actually got booted out of the game twice. I felt so bad. I hate failing people that I'm playing with like that. And, well, that wasn't happening before.
So, today I messed with my FFXIV settings, and managed to double my FPS from 20 to 40! Whoo. I hate my laptop.
But, how I had to double it is that I had to lower or turn off every graphical setting, and set my resolution to 1280x768. So, my game looks terrible, but at least I have double the FPS.

Maaaaybe, I can actually get through a dungeon now?

Edit: Everything's working great this way. No lag at all, in fact, less lag than I've ever had. Stressful duty roulettes today, for someone who hasn't played in over a month, though. Nice calm Sastasha run first, and then I get Ifrit and Titan right in a row. Everything's gone flawlessly thus far though. I just hope I don't get Brayflox, Stone Vigil, or Garuda next though. -_-

Edit 2: I just got Garuda twice in a row through roulette. I understand why Primals have to be in roulette (because otherwise no one would ever find a group for them when they do that quest), but I wish that they at least wouldn't show up when everyone in the group entered through roulette. I don't mind doing Garuda if someone in the group actually needs to do the fight, but if no one actually needs the fight, then why place us in there? It gets us no experience or loot, so it's just kind of a waste of time for leveling roulette. And I'll stress again that I don't mind doing it if someone actually needs the primal. But both groups were random roulette players that didn't need the kill.
Also, I never want to do Garuda twice in a row ever again. The fights went flawlessly, but I feel like I'm going to pee my pants whenever Garuda pops up. Bad memories.
Hey, but at least I'm back to my previous healing ability now! So much for easing myself into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment