Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Back to GW2!

I'm back to GW2 at the moment, after playing Wildstar for a week (I would keep playing Wildstar but my computer is apparently boycotting the influx of new players, since it will not allow me to play). So, back to GW2.

I'm on the last step of Living Story Season 2 now, and having a whole lot of trouble. I'm doing the Shadow of the Dragon step in Point of No Return, and I think my full-Berserker Mesmer is just too squishy to do this bit on her own. Phase 1 is fine. I can kill the tendrils fine, and light the fires fine, and damage the head fine. It's Phase 2 that's the problem, when he start spawning the Shadow things. When I'm trying to light the fires, first of all, he's attacking me very often and I end up being knocked back while trying to light the fires, which eventually kills me. And while I'm busy trying to rally, the Shadow comes over and extinguishes the fire I lit! And I just can't seem to survive lighting the fires so I can be alive to extinguish the Shadows. It's frustrating!
I need a second person, I think. I think I specifically need a Guardian. Someone with support skills that can grant Stability and barriers and such, and that can survive more than two hits.
Or maybe I need to adjust my build or something? I can't afford a new set of gear, so I'm stuck with Berserker, but I could adjust my weapons or build.

My set-up is like this:
Weapons = Greatsword / Sword + Focus. I also have a Pistol to swap to Sword + Focus, a second Sword, and a Staff, all Berserker.
Build = Domination 221 (Empowered Illusions, Blurred Inscriptions, Imagined Burden) / Dueling 131 (Phantasmal Fury, Fencer's Finesse, Harmonious Mantras) / Illusions 122 (Compounding Power, Phantasmal Haste, Master of Fragmentation)
Healing Skill is Signet of the Ether
Utilities are Mantra of Pain, Blink, and Feedback
Elite is Time Warp

My equipment is full Berserker Aurora gear except the shoulders, which are berserker Carapace.
My weapons are Berserker's Iron Longblade of Air (transmuted), Berserker's Pearl Sabre, and Berserker's Krait Star.

Any tips?

EDIT: I read into it more, and people say things like "Don't play Berserker if you can't dodge attacks." I can dodge attacks. I got this far, didn't I? And I've been in full Berserker since I hit level 80 and splurged on a Masquerade set before I got my Aurora set with Karma. And until level 80 I was still using all Power items. The problem is the attacks that he puts directly on you constantly during Phase 2 fires. I tried waiting for him to do, say, 3 of his claw attacks before trying to light the fires, but he still gets me, and I end up running out of dodges + Blink being on CD. I'm confused :(

EDIT 2: Let's try this again. I didn't get the chance to grab my Staff since I wanted to rush back up before the Skritt tunnels closed again. But I adjusted what I could with what I have on me. I switched my Focus out for my Pistol. Swapped Signet of the Ether out for Ether Feast for increased base healing (I can't benefit from Signet of the Ether's passive during the parts that give me trouble since there's nothing to target and build clones off of). Switched Mantra of Pain out for Mantra of Concentration, and switched Time Warp out for Signet of Humility (to reduce duration of stun). As for traits, I swapped Dueling to 323 (Duelist's Discipline, Evasive Mirror, Deceptive Evasion) and Illusions to Chaos 213 (Illusionary Defense, Mirror of Anguish, Bountiful Disillusionment).
Hopefully, I can do it this time. My goal is basically just to have the slightest bit more survivability, hopefully make it through Phase 2 fires, and just take things slowly.

EDIT 3: Success! My strategy worked, although I maintain that it would have been easier with Staff instead of Sword + Pistol, if only because then if I accidentally swap weapons it wouldn't be the end of the world because I could still attack at a range, rather than flail madly wondering why I'm not doing any damage. Ether Feast was definitely better than Signet of the Ether for this, since it seemed like it recharged faster and did more healing when I needed it. And I also had more of an idea of what to expect this time, which made it much better. I was only downed once and I had already killed the Shadow, so I could take my sweet time getting up without losing any fires.

So...now what do I do? I have no gold, don't play well in groups because I get stressed...I guess I'll go run around Silverwastes or something. Definitely not Dry Top. I hate Dry Top. Silverwastes is fine and manageable. I would do the Mawdry crafting thing, but I need money to do that since I need the Foxfires and the Clay Pot. I already did the Thaumanova Reactor matrix cube key thing though, so at least that's out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment