Thursday, December 25, 2014

Any recommendations?

Are there any offline games with a good co-op mode? Offline co-op specifically. I just got Dragon Age Inquisition and was disappointed to discover that the co-op mode is online only (or I'm doing something wrong, but I think it's online only).

Reason being that I've always wanted to play a co-op game with my boyfriend. He doesn't have a internet connection that he can use with his Xbox at his house, and he doesn't get to my house very often because my dad is intimidating (really friendly and not really intimidating, but he is menacing looking, I suppose)

My favorite kinds of games are, of course, MMOs, but his internet connection is not sturdy enough to be able to play with me, plus he's a bit antisocial and doesn't really want to be playing with a bunch of people, but we'd really like to be able to play together.

Competitive games are out. We have plenty of those, but neither of us is very competitive and we'd rather play together, not against each other.

So far the games we are able to play together are:

  • WWE 2K14 (so long as we are playing as both males or both females, or one of us plays and the other plays the referee)
  • Borderlands (Shooters aren't really up my alley and this game frustrates him as well; like the loot system though!)
  • Pokemon Rumble (super fun, but we can only play it at my house)
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Battle Maison Multi-Battles. Not really co-op like I prefer, of course)
  • Diablo III (Gore levels make us both a bit ill)
  • Goat Simulator (again, not co-op like I'd like)
  • Left 4 Dead I-don't-know-what-number (Zombies are scary)
Inquisition seemed ideal since there's even tanks and healers, and I would have loved that but he just doesn't have a stable internet connection.

So, does anyone  know of any games that are co-op, offline, and you know, kind of like MMO format? And preferably not zombies and something with a gore filter if necessary, would be nice. I know it's awfully specific. But I can dream, right?

The systems we have access to are:
Xbox 360, Gamecube, PS2, Wii, all Gameboy/DS versions

We can do system link on the xbox as well as we both have one.


No comments:

Post a Comment