Friday, December 5, 2014

Rather frustrated!

First of all, before I start this: I've still got a ton of leftover Sylveons, so I'll be sending those out intermittently throughout the next week or so. If you didn't get one today, it's possible you'll get one at any time this week. Probably not during the day tomorrow or Sunday, as my boyfriend's house does not have wi-fi, but I'll likely send them out in rather large batches once I get home at around 9:30 PM EST or so.

Anyway, I'm frustrated and just need to vent for a minute, but bear with me.

I've come to the conclusion that an art career is not for me. I didn't go into animation expecting a full-on art career; I went in knowing that learn programs quickly and that doing 3D modeling and rigging sounded interesting, but the fact of the matter is that there is a LOT more traditional art skills involved in that then I initially though, and I am not a particularly artistically inclined woman.
But, I'm also definitely not a mathematically inclined person either. I have an interest in physics, but I am very aware that physics is not a realistic major for me in any way because I'd need a few years of just remedial math before I could even apply or a physics course, so that's pretty much out.
What I am is technologically inclined. Put a computer in front of me and ask me to fix a problem and I'm good. I always have been. My dad has been working in tech support for 25+ years and we've always had way more computers than necessary around because my dad likes to keep up with all the new computers (I myself have...7, maybe? Including one wicked old one running Windows 98, another rather old one running Windows XP, my Windows 7 one which recently permanently died, and one Mac). I learned how to type before I could spell very well. I've been known to do thing such as yell the step to fix a problem from the bathroom without seeing the computer. I've been praised for typing extremely quickly. I've also been told that I have immense patience for computers, which is silly. That kind of stuff.

And I'm frustrated 1) because I don't want to reapply to yet another school (especially since I don't think my credits will transfer and my highschool did not allow me to even remotely reach college-acceptance minimums for credits, and 2) I don't know what sort of career path I should be looking at. What fits the skillset of someone who is great with computers, but not all that good at anything else (I run a video game blog and I'm not even really good at video games!). It seems like a useful skill, but I'm really not finding it all that useful to find a career path to match. So it's frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment