Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Back to FFXIV

I've been back into FFXIV as of late.
I'm afraid I have been indoctrinated by the Lalafells, as I am now playing a Lala myself.

My character is Poposhu Poshu on the Midgardsormir server. I am currently only a level 10 Conjurer, and I likely will be for some time as I intend to level up most of the professions a bit before continuing on (storyline quests + Conjurer = not all that fun, really, plus, I still really like Archer/Bard).

Anyway, my Lala is adorable and I'm taking my time leveling through and all that.


As for my little upset episode last week, I have made the decision to drop out of animation and instead look at what the local state college has to offer (my only real option is the state college as it is the only place I can commute to). Thinking about Computer Science right now, but I'm not going to worry about it until after Christmas.
All I know is that Animation was not the right choice for me (at least, not formal classes for it. I would still like to pursue it as a hobby, maybe make YouTube videos or something, but I do not think I have the artistic talent to pursue it professionally, and I don't like the job outlook either, so continuing on), so I feel rather relieved and stressed at the same time. Relieved to be out of a stressful situation, and newly stressed because I am dreading doing the application process again, not to mention taking all those gen-eds that animation school did not require. Oh, and I'll have to probably take remedial classes before I can even get into a school because my high school did not give us the opportunity to take the necessary classes (I like to tell the story about how they were offering Physics, but I was the only one who actually signed up, so it was cancelled and I was placed in a study hall instead).
So, new chapter. College Attempt Number 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment