Sunday, October 26, 2014

Touhou EX Stages

You know, I always thought that if I ever reached an EX stage in Touhou, it would be in Ten Desires, since it was the first one that I beat and it always seemed like the easiest one to me.

But nope! Just got EX stage unlocked in Imperishable Night of all games. Yuyuko+Youmu team = OP.

On top of that, I beat Byakuren (and Shou!) for the first time a couple days ago as well, so I'm on a roll right now.

Do you think if I go and attempt Mountain of Faith I will finally get past Kanako? I think she's the only one I haven't completed yet, aside from EoSD (because Hong Meiling kicks my butt in EoSD).

EoSD I can only reliably get just past Hong Meiling, but I usually perma-die during Patchouli's stage. I got past Patchouli once and then died promptly against Sakuya, but I haven't managed to kill Patchouli since. Have never seen Remilia.

PCB...I know I can get TO the Prismriver Sisters fairly reliably, then from there it's pretty much just luck for me. I got past them once, then died on Youmu. Then I managed to get past Youmu, and died on Yuyuko. So I've technically seen Yuyuko, I just haven't beaten her because Youmu stole all my lives.

Imperishable Night I just beat Eirin and then I played through again and beat Kaguya, and now I'm working on Mokou (and failing, I might add. The state itself isn't that difficult, but Keine is mean).

MoF I can get to Kanako pretty reliably. Then Kanako's stage takes all my lives before I get to her, and it makes me sad. And then I get onbashra'd.

Subterranean Animism makes me angry because I can get to Utsuho's final spell card, but I'm always out of lives by then. I can get up to Orin before it all goes downhill, and then Orin adds insult to injury by killing me again during Utsuho's stage.

UFO I just beat the other day. Nazrin's stage is easy. Kogasa's is harder, but not that difficult. I maybe lose a life when she starts shooting umbrellas. Ichirin likes to hurt me, and that's where I lose all my bombs. Murasa is kind of laughable, and I've done her stage + her with no lives before. Shou is mean and I still don't know how I got past her (that said, I think I can do most of her spells fairly reliably now, because I've been practicing, but that one with the spinny green laser is what I save bombs for). Her stage is actually fun now though. Kind of relaxing. Byakuren's stage is not much harder than Shou's, and I actually find Byakuren easier than Shou as a whole (maybe because I beat her on my first day of trying, rather than Shou who took me months?).

Ten Desires is fun. I occasionally lose a life against Yoshika, but not usually. Seiga is kind of easy, so is Futo. Miko is easier than Byakuren and Kanako, but I think Kaguya was easier than Miko.

DDC is weird for me. Wakasagihime is easy, and so is Sekibanki (only one spell card gives me mild difficulty). Kagerou has one troublesome spell but is easy otherwise. Tsukumo sisters kick my butt, especially Benben, so I try to avoid playing as a character with their weapon so that she is not the actual boss. Seija Kijin is easy except for when she flips the screen, plus one spell as a midboss for her stage. I've gotten about halfway through Shinmyoumaru Sukuna, and she's pretty difficult. The problem with her isn't that she's necessarily hard, but that Yatsuhashi and Seija Kijin took all my lives before I get to her.

Ok, now time to take a break and play WoW for a bit while my hands relax. Leveling zones are so crowded right now that it's frustrating. Having fifteen other players trying to kill the same mob as you is kind is rather trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment