Friday, October 10, 2014

Introducing my level 30 Mage :)

I've been leveling a Mage today. Having a bit of fun with it, which is new, because I hadn't been enjoying Mages recently.

I figured out why!
I had been thinking that Fire sounded like a fun spec, but I respecced to Arcane at about level 26, and it's a much better fit. My original Mage (level 47 or so) was Arcane, and I enjoyed her, so I guess this makes sense, right?

I'm pretty sure that I'm a terrible Mage. I die if I'm not careful, and I have to eat after nearly every enemy. I got Temporal Shield as my level 30 talent because IcyVeins said to, but I really don't like it. It hasn't helped me at all. I'm thinking of switching to Flameglow, because the passive absorb sounds much better than a 4 second shield that I can only activate every 25 seconds. Temporal Shield just isn't working for me. Plus, I think it wasn't there on the beta, so I'll only have it for, what, three more days until the pre-patch hits?
Yeah, switching to Flameglow.

Presence of Mind (the level 15 talent) is another one that is giving me issues. It was super useful as Fire, so I could actually get a Pyroblast off every once in a while. I just reread the IcyVeins for Arcane, and it turns out that the reason why it isn't useful is because it's not advised for Arcane (I still had it left over from Fire spec). I knew Ice Floes sounded more useful!

Anyway, I can't tell if I'm just a bad Mage, or if Mages are just THAT squishy to the point where I need to eat after every enemy, and just barely make it though "boss" enemies. In Stonetalon there's a quest where you have to kill three Horde generals in a row, and let's just say that I died in between each one. I'd kill one, the next would spawn and kill me. Run back to my body, eat, attack the next one, and repeat.

I'm mildly worried for the prepatch in a couple days. I've been reading mixed things about how leveling goes. On beta, I only leveled a low level to about 5 or so, with no issues whatsoever. From what I'm reading, the trouble doesn't start until a bit later. I'm hoping it won't be too difficult. On the forums people were saying that it's similar to Lich King leveling (except faster, obviously, because Cata).
I started playing in Lich King. I did not enjoy leveling in Lich King.

My gear is bad, I think. I haven't been getting many upgrades from quests or anything, sadly.
Haven't gotten any glyphs yet because I'd just assume wait until the prepatch (are the auto-learning glyphs coming then too? I can't remember).

Gear:

Tattered Dreadmist Mask, Northwatch Amulet, Faerie Mantle, Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak, Falathim-Washed Robes, Negotiator's Armbands, Narassin's Gloves, Singleton Sash, Tattered Dreadmist Leggings, Quiet Slippers, Jalin's Recompense, Mine Sealer's Ring, Earthborn Staff

I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten a new staff since Darkshore. Just saying.
And yes, I know my necklace has Strength on it, thank you. It's the only necklace I've got through questing so far. Figured I might as well equip it since it has Stamina on it, at least. I will of course swap it out for something with Intellect as soon as I get something with Intellect.

No comments:

Post a Comment