Friday, October 3, 2014

Has anyone ever attempted a Touhou-inspired Transmog?

Just was messing around with the addon MogIt today trying to think of good sets. I've been making and remaking a character named Toramaru, but I can't seem to decide on a class that would fit. I know she's going to be a jewelcrafter though. At first, I was thinking Feral Druid, but then I'd have to be a Night Elf/Worgen/Troll/Tauren, so that's out. I know I want her to be a human, because humans have the hairstyle I want on her.
Next thought was Hunter, because I could get a pet tiger and name it Shou, but I just can't get into a Hunter for some reason.
Attempt 3 is Paladin. Probably Holy because I've never found myself enjoying Retribution, and there's no way I'm going to learn how to tank. Just sayin'. Tried it once with a Protection Warrior. Never again. I didn't have a bad experience with it or anything, it's just far too stressful for me.

Anyway, I was messing around with transmog ideas for her (it inspires me to try and work on the character more!), because I had made a rather nice one for Hunter-Toramaru, but I think I've come up with a decent one for plate armor. Not my first choice in leg pieces, but I wanted a skirt, and there are hardly any plate ones.

The gear itself, I'm hoping is still obtainable/exists. I haven't checked it properly yet, so I'm just going with the information MogIt is giving me. So, with luck, this stuff still exists in the game. Unlike a lot of sets that I like, that all happened to be LFR specific. Why are the color combinations I like always LFR versions? So sad.

Anyway:

I forgot a helm because I forgot. I'd probably have it turned off anyway though, so it doesn't really matter. Same with the cloak.

Pauldrons: Lightbringer Pauldrons
Chest: Gilded Crimson Chestplate
Shirt: Wound Dressing
Wrists: Battlescar Spirebands
Hands: Conqueror's Aegis Gauntlets (oh, wait, it says Conquerors. Does that mean it's PvP? Whoops, need to find new gloves for this, if so)
Waist: Forgemaster's Shattered Shackle
Legs: Judgement Legplates
Feet: Myrmidon's Treads

Don't know what weapons a Holy Paladin is likely to use endgame, so I guessed/messed with whatever ones looked most appealing at the time.

One-handed Sword: Renataki's Soul Slicer
Off-hand: Lamp of Peaceful Radiance

No comments:

Post a Comment