Sunday, June 1, 2014

Still making steady progress!

I love my Sylvari Necromancer!

I love her because she's a Necromancer, mostly. But having her as a Sylvari also helps because when I was playing as a Human I kept running into people that had the exact same face and hair as me. I  have yet to run into anyone identical to me as my Sylvari except for myself (since my Ranger looks exactly the same, except yellow instead of purple).

For equips right now I have:
Improved Watcher's Helmet, Mighty Magician Mantle of the Lich, Seraph Country Coat, Mighty Magician Gloves of Grenth, Stealthy Country Pants, Improved Watcher's Shoes, Bag of Worm Food, Stolen Bandit Fork, Terebinth Loop, and Mighty Ring. Staff is Shadowed Researcher's Staff. Scepter is Shadowed Researcher's Scepter. Focus is Shadowed Researcher's Focus. Spear is Hunting Harpoon.

Still using a main Staff. I'm thinking of switching to Dagger + Dagger or Dagger + Focus for alternate though, since I'm just not feeling Scepter + Focus.

My Healing skill is still Well of Blood. Utilities are Signet of Spite, Signet of the Locust, and Plague Signet.

Basically, I put down all my Staff marks, and then spam with auto-attack. If I get into a bit of a pinch I'll pop Signet of the Locust. If I need to down, say, a Veteran enemy I'll pop Signet of Spite to stack even more conditions. I have Plague Signet there basically to remove any conditions I have on me, although the group utility is a nice plus. I could put Well of Suffering there instead, or even something like Seed Turret, but I'm happy with this for now. I go into Death Shroud whenever I feel like I want to/need to. I'll sometimes pop in there just to use Life Transfer and Tainted Shackles and then go back to normal form. I love Life Transfer.

I very, very rarely switch my weapon; only really when there's a lot of melee enemies and my marks are all on cooldown and Death Shroud isn't ready. So, not usually.

I've got to say, the experimenting I did the past couple of days with using different professions has really enlightened me into just how much I enjoy my Necromancer. I just kept on dying on my other characters! Nothing beats the sheer survivability of my Necro. Sure, I die occasionally, but not nearly so often, and if I managed to get back up from being downed I can often pull myself together and still make it. Very rarely do I actually die, and that's only against Champions and the occasional Veteran (or being swarmed by Nightmare Court. Yeah, I still have problems with them).

I just know how to play this character. Necromancer was my first profession in GW2, and it seems like I made a good choice at the start. The other professions almost seem boring in comparison. I enjoy the ground targeting and applying conditions, and keeping an eye on my Death Shroud meter. I quickly figured out what to do for all the situations that the game has thrown at me so far.

If I put all Vitality on my equips can I be a Necrotank? Purely out of curiosity. Like, Vitality + Condition Damage or something. I'm just guessing here. I actually don't really understand stats in this game at all. I can't tell if my damage is coming from my conditions or my auto-attack spamming. Or if I'm just delusional and everyone else can kill things ten times faster than me. That's possible too. It always seems like it, but the people I see killing much faster than me also appear to be a much higher level, just dropped down for the zone. So I take it with a grain of salt. I might just be delusional though. Entirely possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment