Thursday, September 29, 2016

Applied to College...again...

I signed up for college again! Yay, me? What is this, attempt number 5? Maybe it'll go well this time? I'm starting to think that the universe doesn't want me to attend college for some reason. Sadly, I can't find anything that I'm interested in that doesn't require a college degree so I have to push through somehow...

Let's see:
- First time: Panic attack. Dropped out on the first day of school. First panic attack I ever had, and I have had bad anxiety ever since. Was a really bad year after that. Near-constant anxiety.
- Second time: Was doing really well...then failed art class twice to the point that I really don't think I would have been able to pass it. I tried really hard. Dropped out. Severe anxiety for another half a year.
- Third time: Panic attack on the first day of school. Switched majors.
- Fourth time: Horrible experience with an online class. Teacher didn't grade our midterm until the week before our final, gave zero feedback, and I swear didn't even check our work. Came out of the class having passed, but not really understanding any of the content. Complication comes from the fact that the teacher was the head of department...

So now, attempt number 5! Online classes which will either end horribly or decently. Either I'll get okay classes and it'll be okay, or it will end like my last attempt at school. Won't end with a panic attack though. That's only in physical classrooms, apparently.

I want to at least get my gen-eds done this time. Even if the classes are horrible and the teacher isn't teaching anything, I can at least get my gen-eds done in that sort of situation. I always do well in English class so I'm not concerned there. I never do well in math, so, again, not concerned because that outcome is not going to be good regardless. So long as I pass then that's alright with me. I'm surprised I've never outright failed a math class, to be entirely honest. I was messing around on Khan Academy a few weeks ago, and it has me as pretty well stuck at 2nd grade level math.

2 comments:

  1. I hope for the best when college starts up again for you. I just started my first year of college and I'm pretty sure that already I want to drop out. Let's hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.
      I hope the best for you too :)

      Delete