Friday, September 16, 2016

Updates!

I forgot to update! Oh no!

I've been level 110 since...er...one or two days after Legion launched. A couple days ago I hit ilvl 830 too.


I've been leveling as a healer. I leveled the entire way 100 - 110 as Holy, which was mildly torturous, especially looking back on it. On the plus side, I only died about twice. The first time I died was in the Exodar scenario because I kind of got swarmed by demons right at the beginning. The second time was leveling in Highmountain and someone ran by being chased by a bunch of enemies. I was innocently fighting one enemy nearby, healing myself as I went...and apparently I got aggro, because they all went after me instead and I died.

Anyway, sometime while working through Suramar I thought "Heeey, I bet it would be easier to do this as Discipline," so I swapped to Disc for questing, and it's been MUCH better. I tried it as Shadow too, but kept dying. With Disc, I have 2 traits invested I think. The one they give you by default, and one for increased damage to Penance. Haven't died once since swapping to Disc!

My Holy weapon, on the other hand, is progressing very nicely! I think I'm at level 17 with it, or something like that? 16 or 17, I think.

I haven't been doing LFG groups so much. I've done a couple, and they weren't necessarily bad experiences, just not really good experiences either. Lots and lots of damage going out, and if I let even one person die by accident my anxiety starts acting up and I don't perform as well.

I'm fine doing guild runs for the most part, although they do make me a bit anxious too. Much better than LFG though.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to raid with my guild this time. I've been getting my gear level up and practicing a lot. People in the guild say that I'm a great healer, so maybe I'll get in? I'm just worried that there might not be space for me.


Legion is okay for me thus far, although I don't like how much time the artifacts take. I want to make alts, but I feel like I can't because it's wasting time that would be better spent improving my Holy artifact. And the idea of doing Legion quests and artifact grinding with more characters makes me overwhelmed.
My only other complaint is that it doesn't seem very "non-raider" friendly. If I don't make the raid team, what am I going to do with my time? Professions are locked behind dungeons that I don't always feel up to doing. I like the world quests well enough, but they're kind of boring at this point. I mean, that's how I got my ilvl 830 gear, so I've done a whole bunch.

Just my thoughts.


UPDATE: Guess who made it into their guild's raid team? Meeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment