Monday, February 23, 2015

Where have I been?

Besides doing my art homework.

I've been playing Wildstar!

And, I've got to say: really happy with this game.

Up until recently, this game seemed very uninteresting to me. Another game that you have to buy up-front, and then pay a subscription fee. And why bother with that when I could just pay my subscription for FFXIV or DCUO?

Well, I'm glad I finally got the trial working, because I ended up picking up the game and I'm going through my free 30 days, and planning on trying to support myself through buying C.R.E.D.D. with in-game currency to pay for the subscription (may I just say that the C.R.E.D.D. system is genius?).

The combat is very fun and I really have to pay attention to it lest I take a ton of damage. The housing system is amazing and I love my house so very much. More than my DCUO base, even. The customization for housing is simply phenomenal.

So, without further ado, here is my character:

This is Myothi Shyflower, my Aurin Esper and Scientist.

I love her.

I intend to heal at level 50, but until then, I'm running a DPS action set with gear focusing on the Moxie stat. I am currently level 23 and leveling in Whitevale.

I've only been playing this for about a week, so I still don't have any idea what I'm doing, build-wise, but my action set is:
Telekinetic Strike, Mind Burst, Crush, Blade Dance, Concentrated Blades, Mind Over Body, and Geist.

Basically, what I do is start off the battle with one Telekinetic Strike, then get Concentrated Blades going, spam Telekinetic Strike until I have 5 Psi Points, then use Mind Burst. Rinse and repeat. If there's multiple enemies I add Blade Dance in there too. If I'm fighting a particularly tough enemy or lots of enemies I'll send out my Geist. If I need to heal I use Crush to knock the enemy down, and then use Mind Over Body. Pretty simple, but interesting to play. Keeping an eye on my Psi Points helps me stay focused, and I love using Mind Burst and seeing all the damage it does at 5 points.

For Ability Tier points I have 2 in Telekinetic Strike, 3 in Mind Burst, 3 in Concentrated Blade, 3 in Blade Dance, 2 in Mind Over Body, and 1 in Crush.

For AMPs I have up to Armor Pierce III, Assault Power III, Strikethrough III, Critical Hit III, Critical Hit Severity II, Lifesteal II, and Cooldowns II.

Hm...what else...

I have the title The Scholar, so my name is Myothi Shyflower the Scholar. I have a Grinder mount.
I am a Survivalist / Architect. The crafting system is this game isn't interesting me too much though. My house is a Cozy Aurin House and my other plots are Thicket Tier 1, Crafting Kiosk, BBQ Pit, Cute Date Spot, Moonshiner Cabin, and Prospector Plot.

I'm really happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment