Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gimme Your MMORPG Recommendations!

I'm in a "try out new MMOs" kind of mood.

Currently downloading La Tale and RIFT, and re-downloading Dragon Nest, Ragnarok II, and Elsword.

But, I want more recommendations! And give reasoning as to why it's a good MMO. I also don't mind going back to games that I have played before since I things can change and such.

PvE MMOs only please. No MOBAs and no PvP-centric games.

MMOs I've played and enjoyed at some point in my life:

World of Warcraft - WoW's group content makes me anxious. Like most other things about it though. Not good experience with the community, however...
Guild Wars 2 - Great fun and love the customization, but I really miss the traditional paradigm of DPS/Healer/Tank. I like healing :(
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Super fun, but leveling another class is a pain. Would play this all the time but I don't want to pay for the subscription all the time. Looking for something free-er.
DC Universe Online - Really fun but, again, something a bit more free would be nice. Yes, I know I can technically play for free, but not having the DLCs is a pain.
Maplestory - Community is ick. Love the controls and combat, and the variety of classes.
FlyFF - Nope. Not playing this ever again. Nope nope nope. Grind is not worth it in this case. Liked the armor in this game, but that's abut it.
Mabinogi - Love the concept; hate the controls and graphics.
Dragon Nest - Not really any customization. Fun to play though.
Ragnarok Online II - Doesn't seem to have a very active community. Didn't stick with it long enough to develop an opinion besides that.
Elsword - Not much customization. Fun to play, but confusing at times.
Eden Eternal - The combat feels slow and clumsy. I don't know why, but it does. Very cute game with armor and weapons that I like.
Aura Kingdom - Pretty much the same thing as Eden Eternal, except clumsier feeling.
TERA - Pretty great game, but it absolutely kills my computer. And unlike FFXIV, turning down the graphics doesn't help all that much (and you can't se how gorgeous this game is then).
Toontown Online / Toonown Rewritten - Not always in the mood for this lovely game.
Pirates of the Caribbean Online - Shut down. Not aware of a replacement.
Divina Online - Shut down. Can play in Japanese, but I don't know Japanese.
Lucent Heart - Shut down.
Iris Online - Shut down.

Oh, and please don't say Scarlet Blade because I have so minimal interest for that.

I really like when games try something new as well, whether it be classes or mechanics.

Minimal spiders is preferable. I remember I tried a game once (I can't remember what it was called. I know it was rereleased under a different name, but I don't remember what, or if it still exists), but I couldn't play it because pretty much all the enemies were spiders. Wasn't good for me. The game was such a fun concept too :(

I need a ton of MMOs to keep my attention since I switch between them so frequently...

So give me recommendations!

Oh, and I can give recommendations too! I'm good at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment