Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pokemon X: Beginning

Whoo, welcome to my Pokémon X guide. Most of this should apply to Pokémon Y as well, and I'll probably make a note if I realize that it doesn't. This guide is probably not going to be for someone looking for 100% completion in the beginning, because, quite simply, I don't know where everything is! There are some items that I see on the ground but can't find a way to just yet! I do not have maps of caves or anything, so I can't exactly see where all the small passages are and such. I probably will also not know about any rarer Pokémon, since I'm not one with high amounts of patience.
Now that we all understand that I'm not some Perfect Pokémon Princess, on to the guide!

When you start the game, you have to choose your language. I assume I do not have to tell you to only choose a language that you understand. I do not understand any of the listed languages except for English, therefore, I should only choose English. This cannot be changed later, so I want no comments saying "Why is my game in German?!" okay? Okay.

Then, you can begin the game (or re-choose your language, in case you're having second-thoughts). You will see Prof. Sycamore, who will give you the typical opening speech. The Pokémon he sends out is Skiddo, a pure Grass type. As usual, you have to choose your gender and name. Remember, gender is aesthetic and will have minimal effects on your gameplay, the only effects I can think of are the nicknames your friends offer you, the clothes you can buy, your noble titles (as in Baron or Baroness, etc.), and...I'm pretty sure that's it. After you're done with that, Prof. Sycamore will send you on your way.
For the sake of the guide, my character is female. So, I will be referring to the rival as Calem, although for male characters, your rival is Serana.

You'll see a cute little Fletchling, and then you'll find yourself in your room with your pajamas on. There's not much to do in here, despite there being a Wii-U on the floor. However, go over to your mirror, which will automatically change your clothes. You can't go adventuring in your PJs! Then, head downstairs, where your Mom will be waiting for you. She'll tell you to go say hello to your new neighbors. There's nothing to do here either, so head on outside.

You'll find Calem and Shauna waiting for you. They'll welcome you to Vaniville Town, and then introduce themselves. They'll then explain that Prof. Sycamore has a task for you three, plus two other kids, and you have to go meet up in the next town over. Follow them out the nearby gate, and continue down the straight path until you reach Aquacorde Town.

Your friends will call you over, so head towards where they are. You'll be seated and Calem will introduce you to Tierno and Trevor. They'll then all fight over what to nickname you. I'm not sure what boys get for options, but for girls, using my character's name as an example (Elza), you get Li'l E, Lady E, and E-Kins (substitute E for the first letter of your character's name). You can also pick your own.

Tierno will offer you your first Pokémon. You get the options of Chespin, which evolves into the Grass/Fighting Chesnaught, Fennekin, which evolves into the Fire/Psychic Delphox, or Froakie, which evolves into the Water/Dark Greninja.Personally, I'm picking Froakie for the sake of picking something different than Fennekin, which I chose in Y. I probably won't end up actually using him though (especially since I intend to get that nice event Torchic). Shauna will pick what your Pokémon is good against, and Calem will pick the Pokémon you're weak against. So, for example, in my game Shauna chose Fennekin and Calem chose Chespin. Trevor will then give you a Pokedex, and Tierno will give you a letter for your Mom from Prof. Sycamore.

Now then, run back the way you came in order to deliver your letter and...Shauna challenges you to a Pokémon battle! You already have your first elemental move at this point, so the battle should be easy. Just use it on the opponent, and you'll win very easily. Now you can head on back to Mom to deliver the letter. She'll then head upstairs to pack up your stuff and then send you on your way, with a new Town Map in hand.
When you head back outside, your Mom's Rhyhorn will get up to say goodbye to you. You can also walk up to him and he'll give you a short little ride around the yard.

Now, head on back to Aquacorde Town. If you go straight down the stairs there, you'll come to the main plaza. Talk to the guy in the blue apron that's right there, and he'll give you a free Potion. To the right of him is a Potion store, where you can buy normal Potions. Next door is another building, but this time with a person who will heal your Pokémon at the counter. Across the way is a Pokeball store. I recommend going in to pick up about 5 or so, although Calem will give you 10 in a few minutes.

Now then, head straight out of town via the bridge with the Hiker standing next to it. Said Hiker will warn you about tall grass, but you have a Pokémon with you, so you'll be fine. So, continue on, straight into the tall grass of Route 2. I have started Pokémon X and Y three times so far, and every single time, the first Pokémon I run into is Pidgey, after about two steps into the tall grass. I'd be interested if this is true for everyone. I would highly recommend catching Pidgey, if you bought any Pokeballs, as Viola can be rough, even for Fennekin, due to Surskit. Keep going straight and Calem will give you a demonstration on how to catch Pokémon, just in case you're not sure.
Here in the grass, you can find Fletchling, Pidgey, Scatterbug, Bunnelby, and Zigzagoon pretty easily.
Whenever you need to heal, you can head back to Aquacorde, and enter the building next to the Potion Shop. I highly recommend healing before you leave the third patch of tall grass, as there is a trainer up there.

Up ahead, past the tall grass, is a Youngster with a level 5 Zigzagoon. It shouldn't be too difficult to take out. Now you can head on through to Santalune Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment