Friday, June 7, 2013

Ragnarok Online 2 Review

Hi! Well, I've graduated from highschool now, and I'm still looking for a job, so, in the meantime, how about I get this blog back up and running?

So, today, I'm going to be reviewing Ragnarok Online 2!
I would like to start by pointing out that I never played the original Ragnarok, so this is an entirely new experience for me!
 
To begin with, in my opinion, this game is beautiful aesthetically. The character models are fantastic, the surroundings are nice, and the music is amazing (particularly that character selection screen music, that I'm currently listening to on repeat...).
The controls aren't too bad. There's some things that I haven't quite figured out, such as how to get to my skills in between level-ups, and what in the world the Khara window is. Your job (profession) skills are in a strange spot: J. But, your bags are indeed opened with B, which is great.
Speaking of the bags, one of my biggest issues with this game at the moment is that you get so much loot from monsters, but you don't have enough space to carry everything. For that matter, I haven't found many places to sell things yet either. And there's so many potions and event-item-things that I can't or don't want to drop on the ground in order to pick up a piece of necessary equipment or something.
Character customization was very nice. Like I said though, I adore these character models for some reason. There's a decent selection of basic classes. You can pick a Swordsman, Magician, Archer, Thief, or Acolyte. Swordsmen can become Warriors or Knights. Magicians can become Wizards or Sorcerers. Archers can become Rangers or Beastmasters. Thieves can become Rogues or Assassins. Acolytes can become Monks or Priests.
Questing is a tiny bit clumsy, and I can't really think of a way to explain it. Crafting is a bit slow sometimes too, but it's really not that bad.
I'm still in the starting area, so I'm afraid that that is all I can write for now. I'll add more once I know a bit more about the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment