Sunday, July 31, 2016

Urgh

So, I tried playing GW2 today (I am apparently playing allll the MMOs this month?).

I am mildly frustrated.

I decided that I really wanted to focus on my Mesmer. Reason being that I don't like the playstyle that is currently advised for Necro, but the Mesmer one sounded okay. I like being utility better than pure DPS anyway. Plus, I love Mesmer in WvW, but did not like Necro in WvW.

I haven't seriously messed with my Mesmer since HoT's release. I remember that I'm stuck on Hearts and Minds (I'll probably finish that up this week regardless), and was grinding Hero Points to max out Chronomancer, as well as finishing up map completion.

So, anyway, because I haven't played her since HoT's release, all my gear is left over from the old all-Berserker meta, when I'm seeing that I need to be in Assassin's gear with Berserker weapons/trinkets. Great.
I look up where to get Assassin's exotics. No karma vendors. No dungeon gear. My only option appears to be crafting it myself or buying it. Buying it is out of the question, since each piece appears to be about 11G each. I had about 20G to my name. I was able to level up my Tailoring considerably today; I'm about 350 tailoring now, which I don't think is high enough to craft my own Exotics yet, and my gold supply is dwindling too quickly. I have about 11G now.

My gear right now looks like the following:

All armor is full Berserker exotics
Weapons are all Berserker. I have two exotic swords, and exotic staff, and exotic shield, as well as rare focus, pistol, and greatsword.
Accessories/trinkets vary widely. Rare Berserker backpiece with Exquisite Ruby Jewel. Exotic Berserker accessory with Exquisite Charged Ambrite Jewel. Exotic Soldier's accessory (I kept dying in HoT...), Ascended Berserker amulet, and then bad not-even-rare rings (one Soldier's, one Berserker).

So, basically, my gear is kind of bad. I need to make money to get better gear. But I feel like I need better gear in order to make money. I think I could probably get by with my Berserker gear for some dungeons / low level fractals, but I'm not sure about those rings...Or that one Soldier's accessory...

How do I make gold? D:
Also, I'm too nervous to enter fractals or dungeons, so that is problematic and makes me question what I'm even working on this for in the first place...I don't know, the thought of entering some sort of content, maybe...

Edit:
Well, poo. All that work for nothing. I got my Tailoring up to level 400 and unlocked all the recipes I need to craft myself some exotics, but with the price of materials...I'd only be saving 1G by crafting it then by buying it outright. Grand total of about 61G.

I guess...I could make a couple pieces, and then try to run a dungeon or a fractal or something. Maybe. Or I could use some of my remaining gold to upgrade my rings at least.

I'm going to go wallow for a few minutes and then find something to cheer myself back up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment