Tuesday, September 23, 2014

WoW Live + Beta Character Comparisons

Just thought I'd post this, because I'm happy with the results.
Sorry for the really loooooong post.

In order to create all my new characters, I made them in the beta so I could figure out exactly what faces to pick and such. Just thought I'd post how they look on the current live game compared to on the beta.

Disregard the differences in armor for Toyosatomimi. Character import isn't working on the beta at the moment, so I had to remake her. I think her beta face is a bit off as well because of that. ALSO, her armor on the character select screen in live doesn't show her face or hair because of my transmog, sorry.

Also, Theeriyi is not included here because obviously her model was not updated (she's a Pandaren, after all).

I'll post some Horde ones once the game comes back up from maintenance. Tanaris is merged with Greymane, so I'll make my Horde ones there. I will, of course, be skipping over Blood Elves, since they are not updated yet.

I actually think this is the same face as Toyosatomimi has on live. It has a ton of personality on beta. I used to hate the low ponytail hairstyle, but on beta, it looks really nice!

The new Gnome faces are not my favorite, but, then again, I was never fond of the original faces either. I really love this hairstyle on the beta.


I like this Dwarf better than my other one. She looks kind of sleepy.

This is the only character that I'm not completely happy with. She may be remade, but probably not. I think I just need a new haircolor/style or something.

Modelled mainly off of  a Draenei NPC in the beta starting zone that I really liked (and it turns out she's a lot more relevant than I initially thought. I totally thought she was just a random NPC. Oh well). This was originally going to be my Shaman, but I decided that she kind of glows and it fits a Paladin more.

My new Shaman. Not much to say about her except that I accidentally gave her the wrong horns, so once I get to a barber I'll fix those.

Yeah, I know you can't see the live one's face because I forgot to take off the cowl. I love how Death Knights get blue hair.

White hair on live always makes your character seem older, but that's not the case on beta. She looks kind of sad.

My lovely Toyosatomimi. Not much else to say except that I like this hairstyle better than the one my character currently uses (which is the bun).

I really like the new Night Elf models. I hate the current ones, but the new ones are wonderful! Yes, I know I made her hair the wrong color on live.

No comments:

Post a Comment