Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Playing Guild Wars 2 again

I'm back again!

I've pretty much got a whole new set of characters, aside from Lady Elza, my Necromancer, who is still very much around.

I did one of each race this time, and used a name generator to find lore-friendly names and such.

My characters now are:

Lady Elza: Level 34 Sylvari Necromancer (staff/dagger+dagger)
Recalibrator Ioulla: Level 7 Asura Guardian (sword+torch/staff)
Elza The Eternal: Level 6 Norn Mesmer (scepter+sword)
Orchid Viviani: Level 5 Human Warrior (longbow)
Aureliana Fairblade: Level 4 Charr Engineer (pistol+pistol)

Lady Elza is still Lady Elza. Nothing new to see here. Still have this weird, incurable love of Necromancer Staff skills.
 
I'm really having fun with Recalibrator Ioulla at the moment. Sword + Torch is rather fun, although Staff is so-so. Primarily focusing on Signets, utility-wise, I think. Not so much of a support Guardian, although maybe someday.

Elza The Eternal is going to have a shatter build, because I love shatters. My plan is to try and build clones quickly and then trait into things that add to shatter utility and damage. Secondary weapon...staff, maybe? Or Greatsword? Support Shattering, perhaps?

Orchid Viviani, I don't know what to really do with yet. I'm thinking a supportive banner/shout Warrior. Using a Longbow for now, because I like bows. Secondary weapon, I'm thinking Axe+Warhorn. She's going to be more of my support character.

Aureliana Fairblade is my other support-ish character. I was messing around in the Mists, and fell in love with the Elixer Gun. That, and turrets. So she should be interesting. I wish I liked Charr armor more.


I don't really know what it is about this game that makes me not want to look up "acceptable," "viable" builds. I see so much room for creativity, and I don't want to box myself in to a build I don't like as much. I can never manage to hit max level in most games anyway, so does it matter?

I only play a game for as long as it is enjoyable to me. Once it starts feeling less enjoyable and more like a chore, I don't bother playing anymore. No one's forcing me to play a game against my will, and I can stop any game I'm playing and play a different one. It always confounds me when, say, my boyfriend or my friends are playing a game, and they can so frustrated with it that they start yelling and swearing, but then they keep playing. I would be done. I don't get why you would keep playing when it's not fun anymore.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment