Sunday, August 31, 2014

I can't decide if I like my characters or not

I'm pretty satisfied with the majority of my GW2 characters.

My Necromancer is feeling rather weak at the moment, but that may just be me not being used to her again. I'm enjoying Dagger + Dagger more than Staff though, which disturbs me a bit. I'm having a lot of trouble against enemies around my level and such. Maybe my reaction times in placing down marks is slower? I can't really figure it out.

My Guardian is fun enough. I'm enjoying her quite a bit at the moment. I'm using Sword + Torch, but no other weapon set has clicked with me yet.

My Mesmer is...okay. I don't really know if I like her or not right now. I'm doing Scepter + Sword with a Staff alternate, but I'm not sure if I like Scepter + Sword. I might try Sword + Sword, and mess around on the dummies or something. I like my actual character though, so that's a big plus.

My Warrior is okay, but I don't really have much direction with her. Greatsword with Longbow alternate. Kind of boring.

Then, there's my last slot. I can't think of what to do with it. The only remaining classes are Elementalist, Engineer, Ranger, and Thief. I know I don't really like Ranger and Thief. Ranger because I don't particularly like being forced to use a pet, and Thief because Thief classes have just never clicked with me. Yes, I've tried it. No, I still don't enjoy it.
That leaves Elementalist and Engineer. Elementalist is just not clicking with me for some reason. I can't find a weapon that I really like the skill set for. I want to like it, I really, really do, but I can't find a skill set that I enjoy. It all feels too slow.

So, Engineer? Another weird one for me. Maybe I'll go mess with it a bit on the dummies.

I guess I'm just a little discouraged with my recent failings on my Necromancer, alongside having bad anxiety the past couple of days.

I really, really just want to stick with a class, you know? But I can't find one that clicks with me just right. I thought it was Necromancer. Maybe it's not. I don't really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment