Friday, August 23, 2013

Help Try and Save Toontown!

As you may have seen in my last post, Toontown Online is set to be shut down on September 19th, 2013.

This game, for me, has been around for more than half of my life. I have essentially grown up with it, and I still play it even now. I began playing when I was in second grade, and I graduated highschool this year, still playing this game. I have always logged in at least once a month, if not more, and have had a membership consistently for the past ten years. My entire family has at one point played this game, with some members of my family still playing it actively. It is the game that got me started in online gaming. Without this game, I would not be playing online games now, and, by extension, this site would not exist.

This game has had an immense effect on many people. Children, parents, and grandparents play this game actively. The player-base has declined, likely due to a lack of content-updates and advertising, and yet there is still a very active, loyal player-base that is heartbroken at the loss of their game.

I personally understand that all online games end, but this ending is very sudden, and is different than most in that it is affecting many young children as well as adult players.

So I ask, if possible, please sign the Petition to Save Toontown at Change.org.

Even if the Petition makes no difference, it's nice to know that we tried, and that we have come together as a community to try and save our game.

Thank you for reading this.

Update: CNN Tech has an article up about Toontown's closure. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment